XCR Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know who makes this foregrip? I like it and I think it could be very useful.

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
It's a handstop, not sure who makes it though.

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
That Matech/Aimpoint micro mount looks bulkier than I thought it was.

·
Registered
702 Posts
I think I am going to get one of those and use it for what it was intended. I currently have an ACE aluminum handstop on my 12" Remmy 870 shotgun but the ACE looks like a brick wall. The Ergo is more contoured and will do the same job. The ACE also cost me 6 times as much so this looks like a good value. A handstop is a MUST as your fingers sit only 1" from the muzzle when the slide is all the way forward.

Dog :duh:

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
Nothing is idiot proof though.

One of the dealers here was "demonstrating" an MP5.

He "demonstrated" a touch less than half his left trigger finger off. The MP5 has that small bump thing that's supposed to be a handstop...... Mechanical safeties aren't "safeties" - the only REAL "safety" is between your ears.

I never liked the MP5, ergos are all wrong for me. Instead, I ran the Uzi (and pretty well I might add) - I liked feeling metal against the ridge of my left hand!

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
I think I am going to get one of those and use it for what it was intended. I currently have an ACE aluminum handstop on my 12" Remmy 870 shotgun but the ACE looks like a brick wall. The Ergo is more contoured and will do the same job. The ACE also cost me 6 times as much so this looks like a good value. A handstop is a MUST as your fingers sit only 1" from the muzzle when the slide is all the way forward.

Really? I shoot my 12" 870 with a Hogue pistol grip and fore grip combo, and have never been concerned about it.

How do you attach one to the fore grip on an 870?

Attachments

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
Find yourself a short piece of picatinny rail and use machine screws with nuts on the underside of the for arm to attach it.Figure out where you want it,then drill some holes to attach it.I think Yankee Hill makes some short rails.While you at it,you could get a longer rail and mount a light in front of the handstop.

·
Registered
702 Posts
1redgmc: My 870 has a three rail forend so you can attach anything made for picatinny rails. I use my shorty shotty for 3-gun matches when the stages are set up for CQB. I am firing off rounds as fast as I can and sometimes on the move. It would be very easy to get your hand in front of the muzzle not so much at the range but rather in competition.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts