XCR Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my XCR a while back still has the old gas block, but will be ordering the new one soon. I done a little searching, but couldn't find anything conclusive.

Do I need to make any upgrades to my rifle meaning have there been any found problems that need some attention? I noticed about filing the trigger down a bit, but is that only necessary if you start having problems or should I go ahead and do this.

I've only fired 200 hundreds and love the rifle since then I have not had much time to get it out to the range. So is there anything I need to keep an eye on since the rifle has been around for a while now?

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
The new gas system is slicker, without doubt.

There's nothing wrong with the old gas system. My XCR #1 is my 'highest round count' XCR. It had the old system on it until I put a few cases through XCR #2 (which came with the new system). Then I retrofitted the new system onto #1. It WAS that smooth.

Besides, I like commonality of parts ;D

·
Registered
704 Posts
I agree that the new gas system is a big improvement. Mine would run wolf with the old system no lower than #3. The new system will run 300 rounds on #1 on a clean gun and then I have to dial up the gas which is crazy easy on the new system to #2. I have never gotten to wear I need to go higher than #2 with the new system.

Other than that I can't think of anything.

I would like to see pics of the new rear receiver sling mount.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts