XCR Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I'm new here to this forum. I just have basic question about the gap between the upper and lower receiver on the standard XCR. I was curious what is an acceptable gap between the two? I have a little over a half mm (.58mm). You can easily see light between them when mated. Is this normal?

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
Pretty much.

Same as an AR15.

But with less wiggle between the upper and lower.

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Hello, I'm new here to this forum. I just have basic question about the gap between the upper and lower receiver on the standard XCR. I was curious what is an acceptable gap between the two? I have a little over a half mm (.58mm). You can easily see light between them when mated. Is this normal?
It's about the same as an AR15. You can just barely get a finger nail in there

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the responses. The fit is tight and I'm too concerned with it, just looks a little wide. I have several AR style rifles from different manufactures and none have that large of a gap, I do have some with a little wiggle though.

I do like the rifle though. I bought it used, unfired, and it happen to be one that was recalled...Terra took care of me, and I couldn't be happier. I have shot just a little over 200 rds through it thus far and it is very accurate and reliable. I have not had a stoppage yet! Looks like I have new favorite gun.

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
200 rounds isn't going anywhere yet (GRIN)

Typically, a well-lubed and cleaned AR can go a bunch of rounds before it starts having problems.
So I doubled that number, and put that through the XCR without cleaning or lubing.
No problems. Not one.

I'm not talking hundreds of rounds, I'm talking thousands. Did a nifty write-up on it too, years ago when it happened.

Show me ONE AR15 that can tolerate that, and I'll buy it from you at double the price you paid ;D

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I hear you there, no AR15 will put as many down range as the XCR. I got back after putting another 300 through the XCR and still working great. I did notice some small brass shards on the extension. I not thinking that it is anything to worry about. Time to give her a cleaning.

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
Nope, nothing to concern yourself over.

FWIW, there are three carbines / rifles I've got that are "go to" or "never fail" sticks. An AK in 5.56 (WAS 100%, until fedex rolled over it), the M14 sticks, and the XCR sticks.

In all three cases, I've put enough rounds down range that the magwell / bolt area looked like it was glitter-coated from the primer laquer.

Impressive stuff.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts