XCR Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay let's see, we've got the two Skin Heads in Tennessee that want to off BHO posing with a scoped HK-91 and we've got the distraught Dad who's regretting letting his 8 year old shoot a full-auto Micro Uzi. With nothing but heart felt sympathy for the poor family of the little kid and nothing but contempt for the morons in Tennessee, people, please, "I'm begging you with tears in my eyes" let us not be useful idiots for the opposition.

About ten years ago, a lefty idiot made the following generalization to a young and attractive Chinese female, "Republicans are just a bunch of rich white men who don't care about anyone but themselves." To which I replied, "I'm not rich, I'm of Mexican descent (not Mexican-American, American of Mexican descent), I've been fortunate enough to save a few lives and I'm Republican. Kind of shoots hole in your statement, huh?"

Then the college educated, wealthy white (nothing against my WASPish brethren but I can't stand it when white liberals try to speak for "minorities" like me) mental giant makes the next statement, "I wish that damn Ronald Reagan was dead!" I replied, "Well buddy, that's the difference between a liberal like you and a conservative like me, I'd catch a bullet for Bill Clinton because he's the President and I don't want him becoming a glorious martyr like JFK." My heavenly brother then stomped off in a huff, having been bested by a knuckle dragging gun toting Neanderthal like me.

So please brothers and sisters, don't be useful idiots to those that would subvert our rights given to us by the Constitution.

Semper Fi!

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
It's a damn shame that the actions of a few reflect on so many good responsible gun owners.Thats what stereotyping is all about,and why it is such BULLSHIT! I agree that we should strive to set a good example in the community in whatever we do,especially if people know we are gun owners.Most people at work know me as a "gun guy".
That can be either good or bad depending on the example we set.They see my letters in the newspaper,and some people like to give me grief about it,but others have came to me and said "thank you" for letting them know what is really going on.It still amazes me how many people hate something they have absolutely no knowledge of.
It just goes to prove that ignorance is the biggest reason people fear anything.The media bias is also a huge contributing factor.Because some people don't have any experience with guns they are easily fooled into believing they are something other than inanimate tools that can suddenly take on a life of their own and go on a killing spree.
The plus side of people being aware of my experience with firearms is that I have had the privilege of helping a few people get reacquainted with shooting,and a few others learn to experience shooting for the first time.I feel this is the most important thing we can do to further our national shooting/hunting tradition,and well as our constitutional freedom.The best part is when people tell you after their first experience shooting how much fun they had and wished they wouldn't have waited so long to try it.

SEMPER FI!! From myself and my family,thank you and all those whose service and sacrifice keep us free.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Okay let's see, we've got the two Skin Heads in Tennessee that want to off BHO posing with a scoped HK-91 and we've got the distraught Dad who's regretting letting his 8 year old shoot a full-auto Micro Uzi. With nothing but heart felt sympathy for the poor family of the little kid and nothing but contempt for the morons in Tennessee, people, please, "I'm begging you with tears in my eyes" let us not be useful idiots for the opposition.
Idiots are everywhere. The 8 year old was actually killed in Connecticut. I agree it was very stupid and provides ammo as a quick google search proved, but don't pin this on a state. I grew up in TN and was brought up to handle weapons as the should be. Treat every gun like its loaded, don't point at anything you aren't willing to kill loaded or unloaded, and always know what you are shooting at and beyond it. Maybe the skinheads are morons but they are all over the place. I live in SC now and every time I go to the gunstore I usually end up getting mad because someone ends up pointing a gun at someone else or generally isn't paying attention.

Anyways point being... this isn't just TN, moron's exist everywhere, even in a liberal state such as Connecticut.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You are absolutely correct, there are good and bad, wise and foolish in every state and on every point on the planet. We as intelligent, wise and worldly owners and enthusiasts of firearms should always be a good example to the hopolophobes amongst us. Even hopolophobes with open minds can become educated, if they are willing.

We can use all that 60's pseudo rebellious jargon against them, "Teach your children well, their fathers hell did slowly go by." Let's articulately educate those around us as to what our freedom and birth right means, how to use our tools responsibly, and why we "need" them. We need to live the Boy Scout law and oath, guys and girls it is people like us that are going to save this country and our communities. Sheep dogs are not usually loved by the sheep, but they are respected and trusted.

Semper Fi!

·
Registered
331 Posts
Because some people don't have any experience with guns they are easily fooled into believing they are something other than inanimate tools that can suddenly take on a life of their own and go on a killing spree.
Its not the gun that goes crazy. Guns have magical powers that will turn a decent human into a skinhead or gangster. RESIST THE DARK SIDE, LUKE ;)

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
I heard this story on the radio years ago when I was working in Seattle. I don't remember where it happened but it went like this:

A female reporter was interviewing a retired Marine who was training Boy Scouts how to shoot. She asked him; "aren't you equipping the boys to be killers?" He replied; "you're equipped to be a prostitute, are you one?" :duh:

You guys all know the moral of the story I am sure!
CMD :2rifle:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts