XCR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey troops, Terra is putting together another XCR shoot on March 1st. We will be shooting out by Grantsville. Terra will be providing some extra recoil therapy goodies, so you never know what you will get to shoot if you show up.

So far, I know am going, and so is MaddogDan.

If you do plan to attend bring the following if possible: A carbine of any type (XCR's preferred); a sidearm is a bonus; a few hundred rounds of ammo for whatever you are shooting because it sucks to run out; anything that can act as a target so we have something to shoot.

And mark your mags if you are using AR15 mags. It can get confusing.

If you are local and don't have an XCR, but always wanted to shoot one now is your chance.

·
Registered
923 Posts
I am not going to be able to attend but I am going to add something to the list of items to bring a camera so we a can see all of you having some fun

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am not going to be able to attend but I am going to add something to the list of items to bring a camera so we a can see all of you having some fun
I have the camera covered. Expect to be in a video as well ;)

·
Registered
986 Posts
I will be there, and I ahve been assured that I will have my XCR, I will also have my Korean bride. Trying to find some more ammo, I was at Dougs today and they have 800 rds for $400. I don't want to use Wolf just yet, I hasve to break in my XCR and I don't think the Daewoo will cycle the stuff.

·
Registered
702 Posts
I broke my XCR in on Wolf about three years ago without any problems. I left the gas setting on four for about three hundred rounds and then cranked it down to two for lighter recoil. It has always run like a top from the very first round.

Dog ;D

·
Registered
986 Posts
I broke my XCR in on Wolf about three years ago without any problems. I left the gas setting on four for about three hundred rounds and then cranked it down to two for lighter recoil. It has always run like a top from the very first round.

Dog ;D
Where is a good place for Wolf? I will stop by Impact tomorrow after work, to check. Thank you for you info.... :bow:

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
VB: Do you have any clay birds left to shoot or should I bring some?

Dog :party:
I've got a few clays in the trunk from the time we went shooting in the summer. I dont know how many I have though so if you have any please bring them

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Dog ;D
Where is a good place for Wolf? I will stop by Impact tomorrow after work, to check. Thank you for you info.... :bow:
I picked up 500rds of Wolf for $135 at Van Wagonens in Orem when I picked up my M96

·
Registered
172 Posts
I'll be there with bells on...OK 550 cord silenced and FDE Gunkoted bells, but you get the idea ;)

I am new to the "crew' but o313 is my best friend and I have been an XCR Owner/Convert since 3/07. Looking forward to some fellow XCR devotees.

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'll be there with bells on...OK 550 cord silenced and FDE Gunkoted bells, but you get the idea ;)

I am new to the "crew' but o313 is my best friend and I have been an XCR Owner/Convert since 3/07. Looking forward to some fellow XCR devotees.
Let Noah know we are getting together. I havent seen him online or in Dougs recently.

·
Registered
702 Posts
VB: I just found out the 40mm Beehive Round is in the mail to me and I should have it by this Friday. Now I have to find a machinest that can turn it down to 37mm before March 1st.

Tarra: Do you guys have a lathe that can chuck something at least 40mm in diameter?

MadDog :duh:

ETA: I just took my Remmy 870 barrel down to 12" so I will have to bring the shotty out and see what kind of accuracy I can get with slugs.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Well I always wanted to go to SLC. So any good motels and where would we meet. I'm not familiar with the area.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Terra, that's ok, I found someone that can do the job. Hopefully I will have it done by the 1st so we have another thing to play with at the shoot.

Dog

·
Registered
635 Posts
I have the time, the ammo and a target stand. oh yeah and the $$$$. It will be great to get out of the house for a little while. :)

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Hey troops, Terra is putting together another XCR shoot on March 1st. We will be shooting out by Grantsville. Terra will be providing some extra recoil therapy goodies, so you never know what you will get to shoot if you show up.

So far, I know am going, and so is MaddogDan.

If you do plan to attend bring the following if possible: A carbine of any type (XCR's preferred); a sidearm is a bonus; a few hundred rounds of ammo for whatever you are shooting because it sucks to run out; anything that can act as a target so we have something to shoot.

And mark your mags if you are using AR15 mags. It can get confusing.

If you are local and don't have an XCR, but always wanted to shoot one now is your chance.

Wow, this is a great idea and sounds like a great time. Too short of a notice though. Please plan another with more advance notice and I am sure others like me (out of state) will be there. Maybe you could include a tour of RA the day before. Maybe it could become an annual shoot for XCR owners! How cool would that be?

Col Maddog :2rifle:

1 - 20 of 61 Posts