XCR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Taking a group jackrabbit hunting this next weekend but everyone I've talked to says that they have hardly seen any rabbits west of Utah Lake this year. I was thinking southwest of Saratoga Springs out by the Nutty Putty Caves. Anyone have any decent areas to try?

I'll bring the XCR so the AR guys can try it out.

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Too many people go bunny blasting west of Utah lake. Try out by Delta or West of Tooele. I kill plenty there.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
I would suggest out by Mercur. Delta is good too. You see them a lot on the old Pony Express trail, but you would want a quad for this time of year. Don't get stuck in the mud.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
when you say Mercur, are you talking about the spot just past 5 mile pass on the East side of the road heading to Toelle, across the valley from the Chemical munitions plant? http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sou...275564,-112.246284&spn=0.008906,0.019312&z=16

Also, where around Delta? North from Delta by the power plant or up towards Little Sahara Sand Dunes?
Yup, that's the place. The whole area east and north of the Chemical Incinerator is prime bunny blasting country. Just make sure you aim AWAY from the incinerator or else you may have some nice men in tan Humvees come take you to a new home. Also obey all posted signs. Most of the land out there is BLM land and you can do whatever you want on it, but there is some private and military land out there that is always clearly posted.

Also the town of Mercur is no longer there. It is now a strip mine and blocked off but the whole wouthwest side of the Oquhirs north of Five Mile Pass is BLM and G2G unless posted.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
when you say Mercur, are you talking about the spot just past 5 mile pass on the East side of the road heading to Toelle, across the valley from the Chemical munitions plant? http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sou...275564,-112.246284&spn=0.008906,0.019312&z=16

Also, where around Delta? North from Delta by the power plant or up towards Little Sahara Sand Dunes?
Yup, that's the place. The whole area east and north of the Chemical Incinerator is prime bunny blasting country. Just make sure you aim AWAY from the incinerator or else you may have some nice men in tan Humvees come take you to a new home. Also obey all posted signs. Most of the land out there is BLM land and you can do whatever you want on it, but there is some private and military land out there that is always clearly posted.

Also the town of Mercur is no longer there. It is now a strip mine and blocked off but the whole wouthwest side of the Oquhirs north of Five Mile Pass is BLM and G2G unless posted.
Ya, I've gone bunny hunting in that area near the turnoff to the Mercur mine several times before, but never got more than a few bunnies. I've had much better luck in Fountain Green, UT in farmers field.

·
Registered
134 Posts
You can come out to Ohio and blast all the groundhogs you want if bunnies in Utah are running thin, we've got 'em standing on every street corner.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Wow, this has nothing to do with rabbits but I just had a wtf moment. I was on the pet thread and went to go to the next page, well I guess I hit the next thread button instead. Suddenly I was like "How the hell did we go from pets to killing rabbits????". :duh:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts