XCR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I am getting older and my only heir has passed I am going to start liquidating my collection. One of those items is a XCR that was shot for function and then placed in the safe. It is a box stock Gen 1 so there have been a few changes since then that make the gun more desirable. Looking on Gunbroker and Armslist comes up with exactly zero XCRs for sale. What would be the educated guess as to what a GeN 1 XCR would sell for these days? As much as I would love to upgrade and keep the rifle that just isn't in the cards right now.

bob

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
Current market. $1100-1300 but I've seen people get into a bidding war and drive up the price on a gen 1. Longer you wait, lower that goes. Most XCRs pre covid were under $1100. Not all buyers can tell the gen and may pay more for an older model.

There's 5 XCRs on GB currently. Used Micro 300 at $1425 with another week is the best deal going. Mid gen SBR at $1600. Then some new versions at retail or higher.

The above is my SWAG and may be off.

·
Registered
32 Posts
When you say "box stock" do you mean it's stock as it came out of the box? Or are you referring to what stock is on the rifle? Because the tubular skeleton stock is typically more desirable than the ar-15 buffer tube stock. I would personally price one with the ar stock around $1200 and one with the skeleton stock more like $1400. Also does it have ambi safety or mag release? What is the SN# range?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
When you say "box stock" do you mean it's stock as it came out of the box? Or are you referring to what stock is on the rifle? Because the tubular skeleton stock is typically more desirable than the ar-15 buffer tube stock. I would personally price one with the ar stock around $1200 and one with the skeleton stock more like $1400. Also does it have ambi safety or mag release? What is the SN# range?
Stock as it came out of the box. No changes to the rifle from build. Serial number is just below 1000.No ambi mag or safety. I came close a couple of times. Kermit would be at a local gun show and I kept meaning to look him up and get things changed but I never did.

bob

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
Because the tubular skeleton stock is typically more desirable than the ar-15 buffer tube stock. I would personally price one with the ar stock around $1200 and one with the skeleton stock more like $1400.
There's personal preference but minus this guy ((closed) WTB/T: Classic folding stock. Will trade AR...) I've never seen the tube stock command a significant premium over an AR or other stock option.

Different strokes....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts