XCR Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have the OSS Elite 7.62 which is not made any more. It is the two piece over the barrel model. I imagine the Helix would have similar results. It sits on my 14.5 inch 300 blk XCR-L. I bought the suppressor for the flow through technology. It is the only suppressor I have ever shot so I cannot really compare it to others, but it works for me. I rarely take if off. there have been two occasions when I forgot my shooting glasses when shooting the gun, and I never noticed the blowback at all, although my eyes were quite irritated after I got home. Overall, I am impressed with the technology. The only negatives were the price at the time and the weight seems a bit heavy at 30 oz. After I bought mine in 2017, the company went through some major management changes and disruption by firing the original designer. Just make sure they have their act together so they will service your can should anything happen to it. I doubt they would be able to service mine since the line was dropped.

·
Registered
22,522 Posts
You are absolutely fine my man! Yeah the new sigs are metal printed titanium or inconel. I haven't been given any info on them yet other than whats available to the general consumer so i can't say whether they are fa rated or not officially but their videos shows it on the new ngw program belt fed (in the new 6.8 which is substantially hotter than 308) so i'm assuming eventually they will come out and say yes. For comparison, the TDS printed cans are belt rated and no minimum barrel length. They show theirs on a 12" FAL which would destroy most cans. They claimed you would melt the barrel before you could melt the suppressor because of the properties of inconel (i think they put more nickel in it or something like that?) having a higher melting point. Sooooo if the sig's are even similar inconel there won't be anything out there in the category its designed for that can hurt it. My biggest draw was the accomplishment of designing and making a can that has LESS blowback than a rifle WITHOUT a can. That's impressive in my book. Along with that they say the new blackout specific can (which can run any 308 but its internally designed for blk) is 4 decibels quieter than the previous srd762ti that was (unofficially) the quietest 300blk setup thats ever been made. Now i dont have a db meter but to my ears its noticeably quieter so id say their claim is substantiated. At least to MY ears it is. Very impressive. I had to go out of town for my other job so i didn't get hardly any time with it and didn't shoot it fa but when i get back in a few weeks thats my plan. Making a video comparing the cyclic rate without, with old, and with new. Should be interesting. I did one a while back with the TDS so i want to replicate it with the new sig designs now. I'll see it i can link that video its pretty cool. I had another guy split screen it and set the timing the same in slow motion and you can see the backpressure differences easily.

Heres the video, i just reposted it as im not computer savvy: Facebook

If you're better with tech feel free to snag it and post it within a post so others can enjoy, and wait for part two after i get home....

Have a great night!
Nah....I sux at tech. Don't even have a cell phone. And my hearing is shot (pardon the pun) from years of grinding and shooting so I unfortunately probably couldn't tell the difference in 4 db. :(

Sounds very promising though for the Sig cans. Very interested to see the pricing once they are widely available. Thanks for the info and the link. I'll definitely check it out.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have 2....both .308 cans....rated for full auto and out of any length bbl. I bought through a local gun dealer that sells suppressors. They aren't super quiet....but are hearing safe.

I really like them....I wish there was a standardized QD setup for ALL suppressors. I really like the brakes I have and none of the suppressor manufacturers make a very good balanced brake in terms of size to recoil reduction, so direct thread is fine for me. Would like the option of QD though....but not in love with any of the suppressor makers brakes.
Have you checked out Griffin Armaments Taper Mount muzzle Brakes? A lot of choices and the system I switched to.

·
Registered
22,522 Posts
Have you checked out Griffin Armaments Taper Mount muzzle Brakes? A lot of choices and the system I switched to.
Yeah, I actually have one of their tapered hammer comps. Doesn't fit any of my cans though so wouldn't be using it for those.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yeah, I actually have one of their tapered hammer comps. Doesn't fit any of my cans though so wouldn't be using it for those.
You can have mounts made for your cans it doesn't fit. I am having the Griffin Plan A Taper mount made for my 3 Crux cans. They also make Taper Mount Adapters in industry standard thread interfaces like 1.375x24, 1.12"x28 and interface for Dead Air Wolfman, Wolf-9SD and Ghost suppressors.

·
Registered
22,522 Posts
You can have mounts made for your cans it doesn't fit. I am having the Griffin Plan A Taper mount made for my 3 Crux cans. They also make Taper Mount Adapters in industry standard thread interfaces like 1.375x24, 1.12"x28 and interface for Dead Air Wolfman, Wolf-9SD and Ghost suppressors.
Who makes the adapter mounts? Do they have a website?

Not really loving any of the current QD brakes anyway though....compared to the VG6 Gammas I run on most guns.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Ecco Machine and Fabrication said it would be a 2-3 week turn around for all 3 Plan A Taper mount Adapters for my Crux cans so I can use any of Griffins 10 different muzzle devices.

·
Registered
22,522 Posts
Ecco Machine and Fabrication said it would be a 2-3 week turn around for all 3 Plan A Taper mount Adapters for my Crux cans so I can use any of Griffins 10 different muzzle devices.
Thanks. I'll check them out.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts