XCR Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, no discussion on this one, just make it short and simple, just a reply and yes if you want a single stage trigger.

Alex said he would do them if we asked, so we simply have to ask.

"Alex, please make the single stage trigger as soon as possible." Sincerely Yours Greg

In response to comments, I have opened up a "trigger discussion" thread in the general area.

This thread is intended only for a Yes I want single stage trigger (no disrespect to the two stage guys, I am just trying to get Alex some feedback on ONE specific aspect, that being is it worth RA s time to do a single stage trigger.

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
yes

·
Registered
22,523 Posts
Yes

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Yes!

SheepDog :2rifle:

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
Yes

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Yes Me wantum single stageum :D

·
Registered
5,850 Posts
Well I will vote single stage as I had not used a 2 stage trigger until the XCR. Interesting though, my XCR while I was breaking it in and before I sent it to Bill Springfield, would only 'do' 2 Stage about 20% of the time. ??? I kind of liked it, as it made me think do I really want to take the shot now.
After getting the lower back from Bill it was all Single Stage. Maybe one slipped through the cracks? ;D

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
Now to be a bad guy.....

Technically the XCR has a single stage trigger. Same as the M16 variants. It's a single stage trigger, with a SLEW of take-up.

I didn't know that until my armorer educated me on the difference.

I've had the take-up removed in my AR (only one remaining) and my XCRs. My armorer did the AR, Bill Springfield did the XCRs.

With Bill, it's all in what you ask for. I knew what to ask for, and he did it WONDERFULLY ;D With my XCRs now, you start squeezing the trigger and it doesn't move until it breaks. Reset is VERY good also!

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
I'm indifferent. As long as it goes bang and a reasonable life-cycle of 15k-20k rounds I'm happy.

I really like the new match trigger, but really, this is far down the list below the XCR-M and PDW for me. I would even rank the new paddle style ambi safety above any new trigger.

I can get Bill Alexander to "fix" the trigger. The same cant be said for the XCR-M and PDW

·
Registered
702 Posts
I would even rank an ambi-mag release (a must for us lefties) above the new trigger.

MadDog :2cents:

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hey guys. All the question is, how many want a single stage trigger so Alex can see what the level of interest is, not interject other issues.

Open up a trigger discussion thread for the rest (all interesting, but not what this thread is for)

·
Registered
702 Posts
OK, I want a single stage match trigger but at this point I will take the double stage if I can get it quickly. My stock trigger is WAY TOO HEAVY.

MadDog :doh:

ETA: Terra, please give us some good news SOON on the availability of the match triggers (double or single stage)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts