XCR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I of course had no interest in seeing, hearing, or even acknowledge the inauguration of our new fraud. So I haven't until just now seen/heard the benediction that was given at the inauguration. I had to play that shit like 5 times, I just could not believe it.

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
Do you mean the swearing in,or the B.S.speech afterward? He retook the oath the next day because of the word jumble.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
"When White will do what's right"?

Yeah, I was getting madder and madder. My wife told me she would have cried during his speech but she didn't want the kids to see.

And now they are making sure none of the stimulus package money will go to "white males". :mad:

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
When White will do what's right"?
Yea I caught that little quip too.That was insulting,coming from a Reverend no less.

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Our country was just set back 100 years in the struggle to get rid of racism.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Totally agree. I must say, he has been president for one week and its already worse then I thought it was going to be. Even though the economy was suppose to be his focal point they are already trying to push new gun restrictions, his economic stimulus package is going to make the economic climate twice as bad as fare as I can see, and looks like he is trying to throw free speech right out the window (Fairness my ass).

And he has become the first president not to go to the Salute to Heroes Inaugural ball. So I guess we know where he stands with us vets.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Seriously? This chart is the number of African Americans lynched during the period you mention:

Do you really think we've returned to that?

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Now where is your graph on people killed in race related violence? Black, white, brown, yellow, red, purple, I don't carer what color or where from, or how they where killed, maimed or injured.

The Short answer is yes, I do believe we are there. Or at least that we will be there again this year.

Comments like the ones made in the "benediction" of the inauguration only emphasize racism and bolsters racism.

Racism is racism, no matter who's moth its coming out of or what intention or spin they try to put on it. You want to get rid of it, you have to let it go.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Dude, I'm trying to put this in perspective.

You are comparing a remark made by one guy at the inauguration to a time when the KKK had 4 million members with many in political office and law enforcement? When there were LAWS segregating schools, restaurants, bathrooms, water fountains? When people were lynched because they looked at a white woman wrong?

Do you fully grasp how fucked up shit was 100 years ago?

To answer your question: In 2007, there were 9 racially motivated murders. (http://www.fbi.gov/ucr/hc2007/incidents.htm)

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
I mean that we are more divided now then we were last week. We took a step backwards, not forwards. And for the record, GA still has Jim Crow laws on the books, specifically the one that bans firearms at public gatherings, aimed specifically at keeping the black unarmed in public.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Your FBI statistic also does no include unsolved murders, gang related murders, missing persons (unreported murder), ext. I do not believe the number of deaths resulting from race conflict is even close to that low. Thats simple wishfull thinking and spin, and having a racist civil rights activist on ever channel of national TV isn't helping anything.

But Ok, I will concede, we aren't as bad off as 100 years ago. But as aziator just stated, we just took a turn in the wrong direction.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
I hear what you're saying. That's the reported number in 2007. Remember that the lynching statistics from the turn of the 20th century is probably low too. Who knows how many went unreported and unsolved.

I just wanted to put things in perspective. We've come a long way in 100 years. There have been great leaps forward and there have been setbacks.

The important thing is to keep moving in the right direction.

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
My "100 years" figure of speach was just that. I still stand by my comment that we have unfortunately moved backwards in the scheme of things. Maybe backwards isn't the best word, maybe, the gap between black and white has widened. Regardless, I still wish him the best as he governs our nation. I hope he isn't successful at passing all the legislation that he wants to but still able to move our country foward.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts