XCR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
I just read this on yahoo. There are some people that you just want to take them out to the wood shed... :banghead:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/odd_toilet_shot
Sorry, but I dont believe it. I cant name a firearm that doesnt have a drop safety feature that ensures the gun only fires if the trigger is pulled.

This guy pulled the trigger somehow or got something stuck in the trigger guard. Unless we are talking hipoint or lorcin. A little more details would be nice

·
Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
VB,

You are right I had totally forgotten about that... :duh: I know the 92F/M-9 even when the hammer is cocked you and drop it and it won't go off. Glocks are the same way. I will keep my eyes open for any more info. it was here in UT, so I check couple of my others sources here to find out more...

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
He was probably playing with himself, climaxed and snagged the trigger on the toilet paper dispenser. He He :party: :doh: :asshat:

·
Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just read this on yahoo. There are some people that you just want to take them out to the wood shed... :banghead:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/odd_toilet_shot
Sorry, but I dont believe it. I cant name a firearm that doesnt have a drop safety feature that ensures the gun only fires if the trigger is pulled.

This guy pulled the trigger somehow or got something stuck in the trigger guard. Unless we are talking hipoint or lorcin. A little more details would be nice
Here is spome more info from SLC Tribune. The police will only identify the caliber but not the sidearm.. More too come as this story unfolds....

http://www.sltrib.com/ci_11451417

·
Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
He was probably playing with himself, climaxed and snagged the trigger on the toilet paper dispenser. He He :party: :doh: :asshat:
Yjays just wrong remeber this the XCR form not BARF Forum..... ;D

·
Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Plus I need to learn how to spell and use proper grammer... :duh: :banghead:

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
Sounds like the police are suspicious, too. Note the comment about how a good quality gun won't fire if dropped.

He's right, and not just that: It shouldn't fall out of a good holster, either.

tk

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
When are people going to learn that a one-size-fits-most uncle mikes holster isn't good enough? It works great in the safe or bedroom for storage (you can even velcro them to the back of the nightstand against the wall) but if you are carrying outside you need to have a holster made for your gun and one that fits and holds your gun.

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
Idiots like this can give CHL holders a bad name.It might have been a series 70 1911 too.They can fire when dropped on the muzzle.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
When are people going to learn that a one-size-fits-most uncle mikes holster isn't good enough? It works great in the safe or bedroom for storage (you can even velcro them to the back of the nightstand against the wall) but if you are carrying outside you need to have a holster made for your gun and one that fits and holds your gun.

Clipdraw comes to mind!

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Even Clip draw would be better than some of these one size fits most holsters that you can buy at Walmart. I am sorry, but if you are buying a holster for Every Day Carry ( I mean everyday, not just when it is suitable to you) at Walmart, you are wrong.

I am not saying that everyone needs to order a Milt Sparks Versa Max II (if they did it would increase my wait time) but if you are going to carry it needs to be in a secure way. Galco, Bianchi, even the Blackhawk Sherpa. There are plenty of options out there around the $50 price point that people could use.

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
Good holsters are a plus,but I've carried strong side "Mexican style" on and off for a long time,and have never drooped my weapon...EVER.I just think the dumbass quotient comes into play here.I'm not saying that for extended periods of carry a good holster isn't more comfortableand secure,but just because you aren't using one is not an excuse for your weapon to go skidding across the floor either.

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
I am not saying that everyone needs to order a Milt Sparks Versa Max II (if they did it would increase my wait time) but if you are going to carry it needs to be in a secure way. Galco, Bianchi, even the Blackhawk Sherpa. There are plenty of options out there around the price point that people could use.
That's an excellent holster. I got one for my .357 SIG p226. I had been using a Desantis SOB. That was OK, but the VMII was a revelation.

tk

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Yes, the VMII is amazing. I have one for a SIG 228 and for a 4.25" 1911 commander. I also have 2 more on order, a M&P 9mm and a 5" 1911. Those should ship sometime around when I am leaving here.

Good holsters are a plus,but I've carried strong side "Mexican style" on and off for a long time,and have never drooped my weapon...EVER.I just think the dumbass quotient comes into play here.I'm not saying that for extended periods of carry a good holster isn't more comfortable and secure,but just because you aren't using one is not an excuse for your weapon to go skidding across the floor either.
Correct and agreed 100%. Funny, in GA it is a crime to carry without a holster. 1st time is bad, 2nd time you are a convicted felon, 10 year sentence. That is one of the laws that GCO is trying to get changed this year. I know a few people that like to carry small little S&W revolvers (L or J Frames, I don't remember) in their jacket pocket.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Even Clip draw would be better than some of these one size fits most holsters that you can buy at Walmart. I am sorry, but if you are buying a holster for Every Day Carry ( I mean everyday, not just when it is suitable to you) at Walmart, you are wrong.

I am not saying that everyone needs to order a Milt Sparks Versa Max II (if they did it would increase my wait time) but if you are going to carry it needs to be in a secure way. Galco, Bianchi, even the Blackhawk Sherpa. There are plenty of options out there around the price point that people could use.
I have five VMII's (two for HK's, two for SIG's and one for my Kimber) and have tried nearly everything else out there (and have a drawer full of leather and kydex to prove it). I put two other VMII's I had for G26/27 Glock's on eBay and doubled my money. I started both auctions at $1 and the bidders went crazy!

Milt Sparks VMII has been by far the best and most comfortable (at least for me).

~ AND ~ I have never had to wait...

I called Craig and Audrey Chadwick over at Lightning Arms - http://www.lightningarms.com/products.htm

... and they have (so far) had everything in stock. YES - I paid a few $$ more (the last one was $130 delivered), but I got what I wanted without the wait. Their customer service is superior, and they actually take pride in their business. :2cents:

·
Registered
161 Posts
I don't know. I think the guy had one of those Country Burritos with gravy and Carl's Jr is spreading the "dropped gun" story in a disinformation campaign ;D

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
We don't have Carl's Jr in GA and I miss it. Hardees just isn't the same.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts