XCR Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
When are people going to learn that a one-size-fits-most uncle mikes holster isn't good enough? It works great in the safe or bedroom for storage (you can even velcro them to the back of the nightstand against the wall) but if you are carrying outside you need to have a holster made for your gun and one that fits and holds your gun.

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Even Clip draw would be better than some of these one size fits most holsters that you can buy at Walmart. I am sorry, but if you are buying a holster for Every Day Carry ( I mean everyday, not just when it is suitable to you) at Walmart, you are wrong.

I am not saying that everyone needs to order a Milt Sparks Versa Max II (if they did it would increase my wait time) but if you are going to carry it needs to be in a secure way. Galco, Bianchi, even the Blackhawk Sherpa. There are plenty of options out there around the $50 price point that people could use.

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Yes, the VMII is amazing. I have one for a SIG 228 and for a 4.25" 1911 commander. I also have 2 more on order, a M&P 9mm and a 5" 1911. Those should ship sometime around when I am leaving here.

Good holsters are a plus,but I've carried strong side "Mexican style" on and off for a long time,and have never drooped my weapon...EVER.I just think the dumbass quotient comes into play here.I'm not saying that for extended periods of carry a good holster isn't more comfortable and secure,but just because you aren't using one is not an excuse for your weapon to go skidding across the floor either.
Correct and agreed 100%. Funny, in GA it is a crime to carry without a holster. 1st time is bad, 2nd time you are a convicted felon, 10 year sentence. That is one of the laws that GCO is trying to get changed this year. I know a few people that like to carry small little S&W revolvers (L or J Frames, I don't remember) in their jacket pocket.

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
I will agree with you on most points. The problem is probably gear more than anything. I/We can speculate all day long but bottom line, if the gear is up to the task this wont happen. I can put my 1911 into my holster, hold it upside down and it wont fall out. Shake it, it wont fall out. No retention strap, just good fit. You never know what you are going to get into and although I doubt i would ever need to, I could do a front roll with my gun in my holster and it isn't going anywhere.

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
That is what I am going to start using. I am going to "drop an Obama". Thanks for the inspiration. Call me racist, I call the 97% of blacks that voted for him racist. They only voted for him because he is black.

Anyways, back on topic. Yes, always secure your pistol before taking a obama.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.