XCR Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And I mean that in the literal sense of "one of MY guys".

http://www.yumasun.com/news/agent_39038___article.html/border_dunes.html

Yuma Sun said:
Agent reported hit, killed by fleeing vehicle in dunes
Comments 35 | Recommend 49
BY SARAH REYNOLDS, SUN STAFF WRITER
January 19, 2008 - 10:46AM
A U.S. Border Patrol agent was killed Saturday morning when he was struck by a vehicle as it fled law enforcement officers in the Imperial Sand Dunes.

The agent, who was stationed in the Yuma sector, was hit at about 9:30 a.m. near Gray's Well Road south of Interstate 8, according to Border Patrol representatives. The agent was laying spike strips across the road in an attempt to stop a Hummer vehicle that was fleeing pursuit.

Border Patrol officials believe the Hummer was driven by smugglers from Mexico.

Paramedics attempted to revive the agent at the scene but could not save him. Supervisory Border Patrol Agent Jeremy Schappell, spokesman for the Yuma sector, said the driver escaped back to Mexico.

"Right now our Mexican liaison unit has contact with the Mexican authorities ... try and track these individuals down," Schappell said.

No apprehensions have been made at this time. Schappell said they did not know whether the vehicle was carrying drugs or human cargo.

The Hummer and a Black Ford F-150 pickup truck were being pursued by law enforcement officers on I-8 when they turned into the dunes and fled toward Mexico, according to witnesses in the dunes.

The incident occurred near a popular duning campground.

"It was at the entrance to the Buttercup Recreation Area, where the duners usually park," Schappell said.

He added that it is not unusual for smugglers to go through these recreational spots.

"It actually happens quite frequently out here. What they try to do is, they hope to blend in with the usual dune traffic to increase their chances of going undetected," Schappell said.

The agent's name has not been released at this time, pending notification of next of kin.

This is the first time in more than four years the Yuma sector has lost an agent. Agent James Epling drowned in December 2003 in the Colorado River while in pursuit of four illegal immigrants.

An El Centro sector agent assigned to the Indio station, Richard Goldstein, died in May 2007. He drowned in a canal near the city of Niland, east of the Salton Sea and about 60 miles southeast of Indio.

"It's not easy. No law enforcement agency wants to lose one of their own. What we're focusing on now is making sure the agents at the scene are taken care of, mentally. Our primary focus is on the family, helping them cope and deal with their loss," Schappell said.

According to La Cronica newspaper of Mexicali, in Los Algodones there was a heavy air and ground operation on the part of various Mexican government and police organizations in search of the responsible parties and their vehicles.

The newspaper also reported that the government of Mexico strongly condemned the incident. Mexico's secretery of foreign affairs sent condolences from the federal government to the family of the agent, to his coworkers in the Yuma sector and to the U.S. Border Patrol.

----
Sarah Reynolds can be reached at
[email protected] or 539-6847.

And from FNC

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,324107,00.html

from MSNBC
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22747304/

I guess CNN and other liberal left leaning shit-eating "news" couldn't be bothered to report any of this since it was only a BP Agent killed but no illegals or dope smugglers were harmed in any way nor had their civil rights violated so I guess it's not a newsworthy story to report how a BP Agent was killed in the line of duty, husband, and father of two small kids.

BTW, in a typical fashion, news reporters never can get one story reported correctly. It's a RED F-150 4 door. The one I was waiting for last night in that area before that unit took over at midnight. I can't comment anymore than that.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
I am so, so sorry to hear you have lost one of your own. I truly know the feelings you are going through at the moment, and it ain't nice.

Can you tell us if he was survived by a wife and/or children? Is there anything we can do to help, maybe we could start up a fund to help his survivors?

Please let us know if we can help. Your loss will be felt by everyone, I'm sure.

Sincerely,

Roy

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Really sorry to hear that, it is hard to loose one of your own. Unfortunatley it will be like Iraq, get the news for a few hours then nobody will carry it nationally.

·
Registered
144 Posts
My condolences to you and to his family and friends.
I believe I know how you are feeling as I have lost friends and coworkers to drug dealers before.
Being a law enforcement officer at any level has it risks, but the agony of losing one of ones own during enforcement actions is especially hard.

I second Aussie Arms on letting us know about how we can help, i.e., memorial fund, cards and letters etc.

Another link -
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=59775

·
Registered
206 Posts
Our thoughts and prayers are going to the family,friends and coworkers. What a tragedy. How frustrating that those bastards got away. I hope someone can track them down dispense the justice that they deserve. Please let us know if there is anything we can do(memorial fund or anything else) Hope you are ok i303. Watch your six out there and thank you and the rest of the men and women who are protecting our borders!

·
Registered
431 Posts
That sucks, kinda makes me sad and sorry, not for myself Im not EMO, but for his family and friends... Those pricks will get whats coming to them...

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Time to seal our borders & send the illegals back. If they want to come to the States I will welcome them, after all the security checks and all. Our border patrol people are putting their lives on the line for us EVERY day. Law enforcement work of any kind is dangerous at times, it just shouldn't be ALL the TIME for our border partol folks. My deep condolences.

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
To remember is to honor.

We will honor your guy, no doubt.

And I don't doubt we'll be honoring our ancestors too, when the shouts of "Remember the Alamo" fill the air again.

In my area (small population as it is) last year there were 12 deaths due to vehicular 'accidents'. 8 of those involved illegal aliens.

One day, stupid, apathetic, lazy amirikans will wake up and see what their apathy has wrought. Until then, we have to live with the problems everyone says is "someone else's problem" - and specifically YOUR problem.

And the communist 5th column mass media.

As for me and mine, I thank you for your service, and understand you're 100% doing your best to protect our country. We do remember.

·
Registered
144 Posts
A more complete story on the MURDER of the Border Patrol Agent.

Officer Down: Senior Border Patrol Agent Luis Aguilar
[San Diego, California]

Biographical Info

Cause of Death: Automobile Accident

Incident Details: Senior Border Patrol Agent Luis Aguilar was killed when he was intentionally struck by a vehicle he was attempting to stop.

Border patrol agents observed a brown Hummer and a red Ford F-250 pickup crossing from Mexico into the United States about 20 miles west of Yuma, Arizona. Agents on normal patrol watched as the vehicles traveled west on I-8. The drivers of the Hummer and the pickup saw that the agents were following them and turned around, heading back the way they had come, with the Border Patrol following them. As Agent Aguilar deployed spike strips, near the Imperial Sand Dunes Recreation Area he was intentionally struck by the Hummer.

Both vehicles fled into Mexico and the suspects remain at large.

Agent Aguilar had served with the Border Patrol for six years and is survived by his wife and two children. He was assigned to the Yuma Sector.

End of Watch: Saturday, January 19, 2008

There is more information on the PoliceOne.com web site.

http://www.policeone.com/officer-down/1652599/

·
Registered
144 Posts
Information from the Customs and Border Protection web site.

http://www.cbp.gov

Border Patrol Agent Killed in Line of Duty in Yuma, Ariz.

(Saturday, January 19, 2008)
contacts for this news release

YUMA, Ariz. – A Border Patrol agent assigned to the Yuma, Ariz. Border Patrol Station was killed in the line of duty Saturday.

About 9:30 AM, a Border Patrol agent working in the Imperial Sand Dunes Recreational Area near Andrade, Calif. attempted to stop a suspected smuggler who was believed to have illegally entered the United States. The agent was attempting to deploy a controlled tire deflation device when the suspected smuggler's vehicle struck and killed him. Two vehicles, a brown Hummer and a red Ford F-250 pickup, are suspected in the agent's death.

Both vehicles absconded into Mexico.

The Federal Bureau of Investigation is leading the investigating with full cooperation from other federal, state, and local authorities. Mexican law enforcers and military have also been contacted and are lending full support toward the capture of those involved.

"This is tragic reminder of the dangers our agents face in the line of duty. Despite the ever-present, ever-increasing violence, we will continue to work toward securing America's borders and making our country, our communities safer places to be," said Border Patrol Chief David Aguilar. "We mourn the loss of one of our own. Our thoughts and prayers go out to his family, friends, and fellow agents."

U.S. Customs and Border Protection is the unified border agency within the Department of Homeland Security charged with the management, control and protection of our nation's borders at and between the official ports of entry. CBP is charged with keeping terrorists and terrorist weapons out of the country while enforcing hundreds of U.S. laws.

ANOTHER ARTICLE ON THE CBP WEB SITE

Commissioner Message: Death in the Line of Duty

(01/19/2008)It is with great sorrow that Chief David Aguilar and I inform you of the death of Senior Patrol Agent Luis Aguilar, of the Yuma, Arizona Border Patrol Station.
Agent Aguilar died in the line of duty today after being struck by a vehicle driven by a suspected narcotics smuggler in the Imperial Sand Dunes Recreation Area near Andrade, California.

Agent Aguilar began his career with the United States Border Patrol when he entered on duty July 21, 2002, as a member of the 519th Session of the Border Patrol Academy. Agent Aguilar was assigned to the Yuma Border Patrol Station since his graduation from the Academy.

Agent Aguilar was 32 years old at the time of his death. He is survived by his wife and two children. He is also survived by his brother, Senior Patrol Agent Marcos Aguilar, assigned to the Nogales Border Patrol Station in the Tucson Sector.

Mourning bands are authorized for all uniformed CBP employees from now until the time of interment.

Agent Aguilar's death serves as another stark reminder of the risks our front-line agents and officers face each day as we strive to secure America's borders. This despicable act will only strengthen our resolve to continue securing our borders even in the face of increased violence.

We are already working today with support from many federal, state and local law enforcement agencies and the full cooperation of Mexican law enforcement and military authorities to find Agent Aguilar's killers and bring them to justice.

On behalf of the entire US Customs and Border Protection family, Chief Aguilar and I extend our most heartfelt condolences to the family and friends of Agent Aguilar.

W. Ralph Basham
Commissioner

·
Registered
379 Posts
Roy is right ...anything we can do to help? Lost 2 of my close friends to cancer in the last 2 weeks.....You are dealing with another type of "Cancer"....there will be a reckoning....many believe they operate with impunity.....only fooling themselves....Kz

·
Registered
6,532 Posts
My condolences.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'd like to thank you guys here at XCR Forum for your support. I know some of you guys wanted to do something for the family so let me direct you to the 'official' link:

http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/newsroom/news_releases/01222008_4.xml

I'd also like to say that I was privy to review the timeline of events that occurred immediately after his murder. I must say it's an eye opener and how much it must have sucked to be the one to notify his wife and then his parents in El Paso.

But probably it doesn't suck no where near being the one to get that notification.

RIP Louie.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts