XCR Forum banner
101 - 118 of 118 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
I will check the forum from time to time to see how things are going.

I still own my XCR and hope to get an XCR-M some day. I just don't have time to hang out as much on the forum these days.

I thought about offering the forum for sale to members but felt that selling to a third party professional forum company would ensure a more viable and long term life for the forum.

Forum Foundry manages a lot of popular gun forums and it's unlikely they are going to disappear anytime soon.

They invested money in this forum and I doubt they would want to compromise that investment in any way by alienating existing and senior members, including EricCartmann!

If things do change radically for the worst, let me know and we'll try to work something out.

·
Registered
22,403 Posts
Thanks again, Lex....for all that you've done. VERY much appreciated.

All the best,
Sean

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
You're ACES Lex!
I hope you're slightly more successful than you could ever imagine!

·
Registered
5,850 Posts
Anyone notice when you click on the "next newest post" icon it take me to the 1st page and not the newest post I have not read as it did before?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hey rollnthunder I have an XCR-M to and just put on a vortex razor 1-6 and love it, its the best optic I have seen through and shooting with both eyes open is great to.. I have photo's on the xcrm gallery.. you will not be disapointed with vortex.

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Admins, can we activate the Tapatalk option on VB?

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
Hey Az, gotta question for you on tapatalk - what's it do, and is it worth 5 bucks to me?

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Bravo, it allows you to have a single app to look at online forums. If you ever get the popup saying a forum is available on Tapatalk those ones are enabled. M4C.net is a big gun one, along with this one now and a few other smaller ones like rimfire central, cast boolits, S&W forum, Glock Talk, etc.

Merlin, thanks. It wasn't active when I first saw the VB switch, glad to see they activated it.

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
Interesting. I've just been looking at this forum on safari, but I don't like so-called smart phones (I did get an ipad as a gift though, and have come to like it).Maybe I'll blow 5 bucks to see what the diffence is.
That is, unless Bolster decides to temp me with more parts - then I'll have to go with hardware over software

·
Registered
5,850 Posts
Chris, I think they listened to your request for Tapatalk.

·
Registered
5,850 Posts
Bravo, that $5 can buy a jar of peanut butter.................. Blue Black Lighting Yellow Font

·
Registered
46 Posts
New Forum format and colors - Sorry, I am definatley not a Fan of this new forum. I have held back on saying something from day one, and I cannot take it any longer. It is harder to read, and just plain U-G-L-Y. Sorry guys, I know the same great members are here, same great information, but admittedly, I am also spending a lot less time here. I don't post a lot, I am more of a lurker and a new XCR owner (Thanks Kermit!), but I like every other gun forum layout/color for readibility better than this new XCR format. OK, I said it. May the wrath of the forum gods not besiege me.

·
Registered
41 Posts
well go to that drop down menu in the bottom left corner and choose a different layout. if you choose mobile you can return to this style by clicking full site in the bottom middle

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
New Forum format and colors - Sorry, I am definatley not a Fan of this new forum. I have held back on saying something from day one, and I cannot take it any longer. It is harder to read, and just plain U-G-L-Y. Sorry guys, I know the same great members are here, same great information, but admittedly, I am also spending a lot less time here. I don't post a lot, I am more of a lurker and a new XCR owner (Thanks Kermit!), but I like every other gun forum layout/color for readibility better than this new XCR format. OK, I said it. May the wrath of the forum gods not besiege me.
I think you have the option to change the color of your text and display.

I prefer the old format too -- more readable, and better set of emoticons. However, this one does have significant advantages -- it doesn't crash every other weekend, and has a shoutbox/chatbox that's actually compatible with my computer. Also, this place hasn't yet become another Arfcom, with enough ads and flashing thingies to induce epileptic seizures. (Note to admins: please kill those dumb "FEMA banned this video" things that appear every so often . . .)

Admins/moderators have stayed hands-off, which is good, although I'm suspicious of any setup that has something called "Super Moderators" :rolleyes:

For me at least, jury is still out.

·
Registered
41 Posts
we have two different types of moderator. the straight "Moderator" is someone thats limited to certain areas. and the "Super Moderator" Is a global moderator which means they have abilities everywhere on the forum

101 - 118 of 118 Posts