XCR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend and I went to the Range last night, we took 2 M44 Mosin Nagants, XCR, Bushmaster AR15, Taurus Pt 1911SS. Over all it was a good trip, but I started having trouble with my XCR I would chamber a round and pull the trigger and it would not fire so I'd clear the round and put a new round in this happened about 15 times in a row so I looked at the primers and none of the primers had been struck it was getting late anyway so we packed up, today I took the XCR apart to clean it and I took a look at the bolt and firing pin and noticed that I can not see the firing pin and I can not move at all so I punched the pin out that holds the firing pin in but now I can not remove the firing pin I can not pull it out by had or with pliers does any one have any suggestions ?

Well here are some pictures we took

Heres a few videos

Sorry for the bad video

Friend

Friend

·
Registered
331 Posts
That duracoat looks nice.

I did a double take on the second picture. The spotting scope makes the XCR look like a paintball gun.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That duracoat looks nice.

I did a double take on the second picture. The spotting scope makes the XCR look like a paintball gun.
I'd take an XCR paintball gun :ninja:

·
Registered
5,623 Posts

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
I can't see the pics you posted but perhaps you have a broken firing pin? That or maybe it is really gummed up in there? That will keep the pin from moving. Have you tried a good de-greaser to clean the bolt?

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nice color scheme. :)
Have you talked to Robarms about your reliability issues?
Yea I talked to Terra I am sending her my bolt today

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Were you hearing a click when you pulled the trigger,or nothing happened at all?.Have you had a trigger job performed on it,either by yourself or someone else? Did you try pulling back on the action just enough to recock the hammer without ejecting the cartridge?
The only thing I could hear is the hammer falling.I have not had anything done to the trigger. I did not try pulling back enough to recock the hammer I just ejected the cartridge

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
GOOD PITCHERS, COULD YOU SEE THE TARGETS?
I could you can barely see it but I have a fenix P3D mounted on there and I can see the targets easily even from 100 yards if I use the 250 lumens

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I can't see the pics you posted but perhaps you have a broken firing pin? That or maybe it is really gummed up in there? That will keep the pin from moving. Have you tried a good de-greaser to clean the bolt?
That is what I thought too was a broken firing pin but I can not get the firing pin out I have knocked the pin out of the bolt and tried pulling the firing pin out but it would not come out. I tried some breakfree to clean the bolt and that still did not work

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
If the hammer is dropping, but there is *no* mark on the primer, and then you pull the bolt and the firing pin is completely imoble, something is in that channel jamming it up bad. My guess is the pin broke, and one of the fragments has turned a bit, and is preventing any movement.

Is/was this an old style, or new style firing pin/bolt?

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
If the hammer is dropping, but there is *no* mark on the primer, and then you pull the bolt and the firing pin is completely imoble, something is in that channel jamming it up bad. My guess is the pin broke, and one of the fragments has turned a bit, and is preventing any movement.

Is/was this an old style, or new style firing pin/bolt?
Its is the new firing pin/bolt. I sent the bolt back to RA today I will let you know what was wrong when I find out

·
Registered
190 Posts
How do you like that Millet scope? Looks like you chose low rings to mount it on your rifle. Did you get much of a chance to shoot it b4 the rifle stopped working? I have the same scope on a 556 with high rings and think it could be mounted a little higher.

What, no Copperhead snake theme painted on your rifle?
Maybe a notch in your stock? ( a squiggly notch S ) ;)

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
How do you like that Millet scope? Looks like you chose low rings to mount it on your rifle. Did you get much of a chance to shoot it b4 the rifle stopped working? I have the same scope on a 556 with high rings and think it could be mounted a little higher.

What, no Copperhead snake theme painted on your rifle?
Maybe a notch in your stock? ( a squiggly notch S ) ;)
I really like the Millet, I went with highest rings my local shop had I think they are 1 inch but I am not sure. I did get to shoot it before the rifle stopped working I was able to shoot it a little that day and a few days before. Heres the best group I got when I was sighting it in

No I did not have a copperhead theme but I guess I could have wrapped this around it

Its a copperhead I shot with my pistol while it was slithering away from me

·
Registered
384 Posts
nice videos tac, i espeacialy liked the copperhead shot. but your friends ak needs some work!! my ak has never misfired or malfunctioned in any way. it has about 2500 rounds through it now.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
nice videos tac, i espeacialy liked the copperhead shot. but your friends ak needs some work!! my ak has never misfired or malfunctioned in any way. it has about 2500 rounds through it now.
Yea it needs some major work, but it is missing someparts and its a century arms and some of its being held together with duct tape so I am surprised it is still working

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
update?

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 20 Posts