XCR Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Brady Center is actually trying to convince people that crimes involving "assault weapons" has sky-rocketed since the AWB sunset.

Assault Weapons: Mass Produced Mayhem

They talk about interviewing hunting guides who they quote as saying that no one ever uses assault weapons for hunting. They probably asked if anyone ever uses a Tek-9 for hunting, and based their quote on the reponse of, "no".

I actually lose sleep over this kind of stuff.

·
Registered
331 Posts
From the top of page 8. I couldn't read much further
Assault weapons are semiautomatic versions of fully automatic guns designed
for military use. These guns unleash extraordinary firepower. When San Jose,
California, police test-fired an UZI, a 30-round magazine was emptied in slightly less
than two seconds on full automatic, while the same magazine was emptied in just five
seconds on semiautomatic.8 <--footnote number

AWs are semi versions of full-auto. WTF
also 30 rounds of firepower is 30 rounds.
These people need to be knifed. Then they will want a gun.

·
Registered
986 Posts
Classic propaganda agenda... Why tell the truth when we can tell a lie and get people to believe the lie. I hate talking to anit-gun people. I always remind said individuals that do you only want the police and government to have all of the guns? Not that the individuals who are members of the nations police force or in the military are at risk, but policy makers... hmmm thats a different story. :2cents:

I like the picture of the Tec-9 on the cover... Its a black gun so there for it must be evil....

here is a serious question: Hasn't violent crime risen both in the UK and Australia where most firearms are banned? Thats some statistical data I would like to review.

·
Registered
268 Posts
... do you only want the police and government to have all of the guns? ...
The scary version: Yes! That's exactly what they want. One of the more common positions that I've heard anti-gun people take is that civilians don't need guns because we have the police and the military. A constitutionalist, on the other hand, would explain that a large, powerful, well armed police force, and/or a large standing military force, makes the need to preserve the right of civilians to keep and bear arms that much more urgent.

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
I downloaded this "study" and was surprised to find out what a piece of trash it is. It's not that there is some bad info in there, it's that it's all bad info. The study is composed of anecdotes from various LEOs in a few cities, misstatements and hyperbole. It would never pass muster if reviewed by professionals.

tk

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
Thats why I never read this stuff because everything they say is BULLSHIT! It's just like this election cycle.People are easily fooled because they don't even try to be informed and when they do they are lied to by the liberal media and all these left wing nutjob organizations like PETA,the Brady bunch and the ACLU.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The NRA points out that the this document states that during the AWB, gun-reated crime dropped significantly. But it also states that the AWB didn't go far enough because the legal versions of the AWs were just asthetically altered versions of the banned weapons, and were just as dangerous. So if that's the case, how can a drop in gun-related crimes be attributed to the AWB??

Their story on the subject, Brady Campaign Hoping For Expanded "Assault Weapons" Ban Under An Obama Administration, is a decent read.

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
One of the problems that we have in dealing with this kind of nonsense is that the pro-gun groups are not very sophisticated about fighting for public opinion. The antigun folks understand propaganda much better and use it more effectively.

We need to get out the message that the there is no such thing as an "assault weapon." We need to stress that the AWB is simply about banning weapons that people use for defense and are protected under the second amendment. We need to make people who don't know anything about guns understand that, at one time, all classes of firearms were military weapons. The AWB simply bans MODERN weapons.

Then we need to focus on the fact that PEOPLE commit crimes, not inanimate objects. Guns are tools: No one ever decided to do change the engine in their car because a socket wrench just happened to be lying around. The required intent comes first.

Changing the wording of the debate changes the way the debate is framed. Re-framing the debate tilts it in our favor.

tk

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I live in a rural community in Kentucky which is fast becoming a suburb of my State's capitol of Frankfort. Naturally, as the population of the town increases, the "bad element" follows. I witnessed the same change in Palmdale, CA when I lived there.

Anyway, there has recently been a rash of home invasions involving multiple armed assailants. Were I to be placed in that situation, I would absolutely want a weapon that was designed for engaging mutiple targets and inflicting maximum damage with great efectiveness. I don't want to be limited by ammunition capacity or type, or the type of action or grip configuration, etc. when my safety and the safety of my loved ones is on the line.

Why should I be denied that right even if my choice of weapon in fact serves "no sporting purpose"? It's rediculous!

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
The Brady Center is actually trying to convince people that crimes involving "assault weapons" has sky-rocketed since the AWB sunset.
Ronald Reagan took a round too, healed up and got over it. That's what conservative men do!
Liberals never stop whining, lying and crying. What else would they do with their time? :'(

CMD :2rifle:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts