XCR Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if something like that was coming down the pike or not.

Found a course I'd like to go to..... 12 days, $3K, 8500 rounds of 5.56 NATO, 1750 rounds of pistol ammo.

Besides eating mac & cheese, beans, and rice, a 22LR conversion unit would probably help out. Either that or a sign on the side of the freeway that says "WILL WORK FOR AMMO".

Any thoughts of creating one?

·
Registered
163 Posts
I know I would also be interested in this as well.

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
Ditto.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
These are definitely out there for the AR. I figure anyone who really wants one would have one for an AR by now, or could buy one easily (I'd like to try one someday; just haven't got around to it). I doubt the market for XCR .22 conversions is big enough to develop one. Since this is something that is readily available on a much more common platform, personally I'd like to see RA's development work go into fielding some of the other promised stuff first.

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
If available I would buy a .22, 9mm and .45 tomorrow. I enjoy shooting all 3 and would love to have an XCR shooting just one of those.

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Aussie - that course is looking more like a pipe dream right now. I added up the expense for the ammo, and that's as much as the tuiton.

I'm used to spending the typical $1200 to $1800 for a course every year (plus ammo, gear, lodging, etc), so I thought MAYBE I could stash an extra $100 per month for the tuition. With the ammo money...... I don't see being able to stash $300+ per month.

Anyway, it's a combat medic course for 'overseas contractors'.

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
A .22 conversion would be lots of fun. So would pistol calibers.

then again, pretty much any conversion I can shoot cheaply sounds phenominal right now.

Bravo, think about how much your costs would change for that course if you could run 5.45/7.62x39 :)

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Would I run the XCR? You bet.
I've got a date to run the XCR at a doorkicker class in '08 already...... I figured 'what the heck'. Did the same in '06, and it held up NICELY.

You know, I'll be honest - I'd want to run the 7.62 Soviet for a while before the class, just to figure out what the recoil is like. Normally I'm not wimpy on recoil, but then again I don't normally fire just under 1000 rounds per day - 12 days in a row.

Maybe in 5.45 ;) I've talked at lenght with Marc Krebs, he LOVES that caliber. I've got a lot of respect for what he's got to say....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts