XCR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I hope this isn't too early but in a few hours some people will be opening gifts. My wife and I don't exchange gifts on Christmas so I'm hoping to see what other people got... XCR/gun related of course. Please post pics of your goodies!

Merry Xmas! :)

·
Registered
923 Posts
Well I have not opened any gifts yet and I doubt I will be getting any gifts gun related, but my gift to my self was a EoTech 512 for $360.00 and 400 rounds of XM193 for $160.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Since both my dad and myself work tomorrow and my brother and his wife are due in about 10 days so they can't travel we opened presents a few days ago. My parents got me an 18 gun safe since my little 8 gun is and has been insufficient for some time now. It was so bad I was keeping my pistols in my night stand with trigger locks on them and my Tavor and my Sig 551 under my bed in pelican cases.:duh: Not only that my brother and his wife bought me a Randy Moss Patriots Jersey (I don't even cheer for the Patriots :-\) and a Edmonton Oilers hat and a Touque(beany) I think thats what you guys call em south of the border. On top of that I recieved the standard Giant Toblerone Bar from Santa. ;D

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
A pristine Remington Wingmaster.

I'm not sure of the manufacture date, but it's a bit older than my other one, and the other one was built in the 70's according to Remington.

I almost feel guilty......

It'll be shipped off for a make-over in a month or two when all the parts come in. Lots of stuff from Uncle Hans (Vang Comp), sights from LPA, unfortunately that flexitab retrofit, and a couple other items.

Knock a foot off the barrel, upgrade stuff, and paint it sage green. In other words, turn it into a second of the same thing I run currently.

Like hotrodding an original 65 Mustang.......

·
Registered
142 Posts
Well my Christmas present is a XCR-L 5.56 ordered on Nov 12th. Not sure when it will be here but it is technically my Christmas present :)

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Santa was very good to me! I got an LWRC M6A2 and 10 pmags ;D

Merry Christmas
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guLKl3v7XFI&feature=related
You suck! I called Knesek yesterday to discover they pushed my order back to the 2nd week of January. Hopefully no more delays and I will have my LWRC M6A2 in 6.8 in hand. Just maybe it will have the 2009 upgrades with Troy BUIS.
Santa will deliver you a freshly refinished (duracoat) XCR very soon. Santa is 6'4" and 270 lbs. :)

·
Registered
194 Posts
Santa was very good to me! I got an LWRC M6A2 and 10 pmags ;D

Merry Christmas
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guLKl3v7XFI&feature=related
You suck! I called Knesek yesterday to discover they pushed my order back to the 2nd week of January. Hopefully no more delays and I will have my LWRC M6A2 in 6.8 in hand. Just maybe it will have the 2009 upgrades with Troy BUIS.
Santa will deliver you a freshly refinished (duracoat) XCR very soon. Santa is 6'4" and 270 lbs. :)
:thanks: :party:

·
Registered
923 Posts
I forgot to mention the Remington 700 in .308 I put on layaway 2 weeks ago and will be picking up soon

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
I specifically told my wife not to send me anything over here, I hte taking home mroe crap than I came with. That said, I got my wife the new Canon 18-200 lens for her XSi anlong with a filter and hood. She is also getting a grip and second battery.

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
I got a GPS for my truck (I am ALWAYS lost, and have NO sense of direction), lots of jewelry, a new pair of shoes, bath stuff, acrylics, canvases, and paintbrushes... and other misc. stuff.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Six more months off from work. :( Had a seizure back on Oct. 22nd. I'm :pissedoff: STILL :pissedoff: waiting for my first payment from US Railroad Retirement Board (Sickness Benefits). DAMN federal government.

:pissedoff: :pissedoff: :pissedoff:WE NEED MORE GOVERNMENT AND MORE RED TAPE DAMN IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hopmad: :hopmad: :hopmad: :hopmad:

:uzi: :uzi:

Sorry, Merry Christmas to all !!!

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
My wife made it home from her deployment last week so that's a nice gift. Usually end flying solo for most holidays. She likes to cook so I got her this $300 Japanese chef knife (read: sword, it's scary sharp). Yes they do make such a thing. She got me an Armalite lower reciever I want to use for an SBR. And the folks sent us a bunch of gift cards too.

The ATF sent my stamps for a couple cans. OK, so I had to pay for that present but it's still sweet! And I also got an extra XCR barrel so I can be ready to rock on my buddy's lathe the minute that tax stamp arrives.

Dang Jbpark, hope it gets better for ya.

Merry Christmas!

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I specifically told my wife not to send me anything over here, I hte taking home mroe crap than I came with. That said, I got my wife the new Canon 18-200 lens for her XSi anlong with a filter and hood. She is also getting a grip and second battery.
Good call Aziator... she will be very happy with it.

Terra I can't imagine you getting lost at all. ;D

Sounds like everyone is making out ok, and that's good to hear.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Santa brought my son back from his third tour safe and in one piece. He's here now on leave. He brought me a new rollaway toolbox and got the GF a telescope. We do stuff for the (grown) kids all year long, so we all agreed to not exchange gifts. It makes life SO much easier and we simply spend time together hanging out and having fun.

We opted to donate to the local food banks and animal shelters - for those that really need it. ;D

·
Registered
568 Posts
I am home with my sons this year :D anything beyond that is just icing the cake.

"Stuff" wise Santa brought me a couple of barrels and some more gunsmith screwdrivers.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Santa brought my son back from his third tour safe and in one piece. He's here now on leave. He brought me a new rollaway toolbox and got the GF a telescope. We do stuff for the (grown) kids all year long, so we all agreed to not exchange gifts. It makes life SO much easier and we simply spend time together hanging out and having fun.

We opted to donate to the local food banks and animal shelters - for those that really need it. ;D
That's great to hear. We don't exchange gifts anymore and it's a big stress reliever. We try to adopt families and things like that. We always get what we want any time of the year anyway. We're very fortunate and blessed. Sometimes I gotta step back and be thankful for the little thing that we take for granted.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts

That's great to hear. We don't exchange gifts anymore and it's a big stress reliever. We try to adopt families and things like that. We always get what we want any time of the year anyway. We're very fortunate and blessed. Sometimes I gotta step back and be thankful for the little thing that we take for granted.
Do y'all live anywhere near a base? Back when I was in basic for the Airforce, they had a program called operation turkey out. Local families could adopt airmen and take them off base for a few hours to eat and get phone calls. I know it was a relief for me, even though it was just in basic.

This year I asked if the base where I am at had a program anything like that, and they thought it was a great idea, just didn't come together. Hopefully next year we can put something together and do that.

Amazingly enough the food kitchens and stuff said they had too many volunteers this year. Who would have thought?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts