XCR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For anyone that is LEO...If I am driving my car minding my own buisness and I see a police officer that is conducting a traffic stop either having a difficult time or in an all out struggle/shootout with the BG what should I do? I have a CCW and am carrying.

Of course the obvious is to call 911 but what do you do if you feel that the officers safety is in jeapordy (without getting shot yourself)?

·
Registered
431 Posts
Go over to the BG and politely ask him to leave the poor officer alone, if he's a prick and dose not comply, you use your judo skills to throw him to the ground and tie his hands together with your execess shoe lace whilst it's still attatched to your shoe, at this point the officer should be over with his metal hand cuffs, so as to free your shoe lace. The BG will now be off to jail, then court then prison. He'll be buggered every shower becuse he will never learn not to bend over at the hips to pick up the fallen soap, eventualy he'll have served eight of his twelve year sentence be released on parole for good behavior,the man completly reformed for fear of returning gets a bad girl friend whose big on crack, she steals a car leaves it at his place tells him she bought it for his birthday he drives to work the next day runs a red light gets pulled over by a LEO, gets busted for a glove box full of crack and for the fact of it being a stolen vehicle, back in prison tired and a afraid he goes to the bench press and drops 175lb on his throat to end it all... at least thats how its always gone down in my expience...

·
Registered
448 Posts
it would be up to each officer, but I'm sure most, like myself, would greatly appreciate it.

Ranly, did you stay up all night again?

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Ranly, ..... You ought to write a fuggin' novel. What an imagination :clap: :clap: :clap:

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
I know if I'm about to get into a shit fight I am looking around for ANYONE handy to give me a hand. As i303 said, every officer is different. First thing get onto 911 and let them know what's going on. Second approach the officer and asshole from where the officer can easuly see you and from a distance, ask if he needed assistance. Personally I would, and have approached these situations with my hands out to the side, palms facing forward so that the officer can see you are not a threat, and take things as they come. The hands out to the side at 45 degrees to the body is pretty much a universal sign of meaning no harm.

That being said, if he tell you to get back in your truck I would do so and wait till his backup arrives. You then become a very valued witness!

I personally have called out to bystanders to lend a hand which they have done reasdily and was much appreciated.

As for the CCW issue, unless the shit really hits the fan it shouldn't be an issue, just don't go flashing it around (and this isn't for you aziator) and when things become under control, and you are asked to give a statement then might be the time to say "by the way........" This is not meant to be a written rule, just a suggestion, as EVERY incident a LEO comes across is different, as is every officer.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Aziator,

You'd be amazed how many "fellow" LEO's I would NOT want to have back me up.  And it's not a personality clash either.  I'm sure most of those that I wouldn't want to back me up would only be there in a "oh shit" situation with me by pure coincidence anyways.  Roy knows what I'm talking about.  And you'd be surprised who'd I'd have no problem to back me up if given a choice.

There are those of us who are field grunts and then there are the others.  You are in the Army and you see the exact same thing.

Here in gun friendly AZ I feel confident that someone (not LE) would be willing to jump in to help me.

There have been many situations where a person passing by has helped cops in need.

Here's an excellent example.  I'd say the cop had a great deal of fault along for what happened.  The cop and shooter had history and I think the cop instigated the situation and escalated it along with a series of stupid actions to include turning his back to a pissed off person.  Yet it was a passerby, a former Marine AND prohibited possessor with a not so great feelings towards cops in general that did what came naturally even though he had his son with him.

The story:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bruce_McKay
The video: 

Something has to be said of anyone who is willing to go to a fight that they didn't look for and doesn't run from it.

And don't anyone else turn this into a cop bashing thread either.

Please!!

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
Here's an excellent example. I'd say the cop had a great deal of fault along for what happened. The cop and shooter had history and I think the cop instigated the situation and escalated it along with a series of stupid actions to include turning his back to a pissed off person. Yet it was a passerby, a former Marine AND prohibited possessor with a not so great feelings towards cops in general that did what came naturally even though he had his son with him.

The story: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bruce_McKay
The video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMttrTtkYDg

Something has to be said of anyone who is willing to go to a fight that they didn't look for and doesn't run from it.
I was actually up in Franconia the day after this happened looking at a '65 Ford dump truck I wanted to buy. The guy I was buying it from kept mentioning that a close friend of his got shot yesterday. I had no idea about the story until I got home later that day and read the news.

It's a sad story all around. I don't think either of them were innocent, their fude has been going on for almost a decade and I guess it's no surprise that it ended this way, I think most locals predicted such an ending. The guy I was talking to flat out said, "I was afraid it would come to this."

NH is similar to Arizon. A lot of people conceal carry here and even open carry (you don't need permit to open carry) especially as you go towards northern NH (like Franconia).

On an unrelated note its really beautiful up there in Franconia. The whole town is like a scenic area with Mt. Washington and other huge mountains as a backdrop. After looking at the truck we just stood around admiring the landscape. I live about 50 miles south of there so I can sort of see all those mountains too but they aren't exactly in my backyard like they are in Franconia.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Hey Lex,

I never realized you're from NH! I grew up near Leb/Hanover area. Now I'm down in GA, but I was just home. Lot's of snow.

Also, kudos on starting and maintaining such a well run website.

Cheers,

Nick

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
I never realized you're from NH! I grew up near Leb/Hanover area. Now I'm down in GA, but I was just home. Lot's of snow.
I live in Grafton, 30 minutes from Leb/Hanover which is where I do all my shopping.

Also, kudos on starting and maintaining such a well run website.
Thanks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts