XCR Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Re: What Is Your Strangest "Malfunction"?

An internal brass catcher. Sweet. Now if you could just teach it to reload you'd be sitting on a gold mine.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Re: What Is Your Strangest "Malfunction"?

Damn 1redgmc that is a bad one.

Mine's not an XCR malf, but here goes. I was shooting a new .416 for the first time. I decided to use a lead sled since I was going to be there a while sighting it in and wanted to leave with both my shoulders intact. The scope was mounted using quick detach Talley scope mounts. I was using the rifle on dangerous game and wanted the qd mounts in case I needed to get up close and personal.

On the third shot the scope slid completely off the rail and smacked me in the nose, splitting it open. The energy had no place to go since the sled contained it all. This caused the scope to slide with each shot. I didn't notice it on the first 2 shots. :duh: The rest of my shooting was done without the sled and on shooting sticks, but not without plenty of flinching at first. Great gun, bad circumstances.

Not as bad as 1redgmc's but it still didn't feel good.

>:D lead sled >:D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.