XCR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was amazed this weekend. I took my wife to the range and put her through the paces with a Springfield EMP and my AR15 9mm SBR. She hasn't shot pistol in well over a year, maybe two. And has never fired a carbine. I taught her proper form and technique, shooting on the move etc. She was about perfect. You never would have known it was her first time.

Anyway she shot the 9mm for a couple hundred rounds in various drills. After that I asked her to try the XCR. First thing out of her mouth after shooting it was " That's nice cause I don't hear that loud springy noise". She said it was distracting. Now, keep in mind I've never mentioned any of this stuff to her. She also noted how smooth the XCR shot as well. She said it felt solid.

I was very impressed at how obvious that was to someone who doesn't even get in to this. Problem is, now she wants a carbine of her own... SBR is her preference. What have I done? ???

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Aaaahh... a Hi Point for Christmas!! Problem is I care about her much more than that. Maybe a Beretta Storm?
I think it's an impulse desire... it will pass. I've never bought anything out of impulse. ::)

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
I'd pass on the storm...unless you just want a plinker. even then If you wanted a platform like that I'd get that keltec one that can use glock mags (33 rounders ftw)

thats off topic from the joke I started though... you should still get her a sbr 8)

firepower, the gift that keeps on giving ;D

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
By her the XCR in 6.8 SPC. She will Love You for it, You won't have to "think of a good reason" to get another XCR, and most importantly....... you can BORROW it whenever you want. Now try to top that!!!!

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
ooo, selfish men. they always buy us things so that they can use them. It's like, "Here, honey, I bought you an engine rebuild kit."

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Of course it's wrong just to buy her an enigne rebuild kit! You then have to tell her about all the wonderful trips you can take her on when the engine is fully rebuilt. See it's all for her! ;D

·
Registered
491 Posts
Of course the feminine equivalent is buying you a new dinning room table set.

Guess what just showed up in my house?

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You guys (and gal) are killing me... but I like gunner69's idea. I'll probably need to buy her a case of ammo to practice with too, and optics, new stock, back up sights... ;D

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
:D
You guys crack me up. For his birthday, I'm buying Michael a new air intake system for his Durango. That's not selfish. :-*

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Terra,

That's not selfish at all, it's something he can use and everybody beifits from, like buying the wife an engine re-build kit, It;s good for the environment! ::)

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
See Terra, I like that. Getting a man what HE wants versus what YOU want him to have. Not every woman is on that wavelength. And he will love you sooo much more for that. And that air intake means a boost in power, which means he can get home even faster to see you. Assuming this Michael is your significant other. Assuming is dangerous.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts