XCR Forum banner

What other e.b.r.'s (evil black rifles)do you own?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought this would be an interesting question.I know there are more and by request I will add others to the poll.I know all I have listed don't exactly fall into the e.b.r. category.I was just making a basic list of common semi-auto battle/assault
rifles.I'm also aware of the definition of an assault rifle(notice I didn't say assault weapon).These are either battle rifles or assault rifles with the exception of being select fire,all else being equal they are the same as their full auto brethren.The only other exception is the ps90 which technically would be classified as a personal defense weapon.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Only 11? Good list though. I've got a good number of those. Had a 91 variant and Mini(everyone has had a mini 14 I think) but not currently. Will have one of the AUGs this go around. The 180B is junk I think, and I have yet to warm up to the new age FNs. You didn't miss much maybe the Galil? But its kind of like the FNC, the originals I mean, not many of them out there.

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Century IS currently offering ($799 I think)a semi-auto version of the Galil.I can't remember the name of it at this moment.I suppose you could include that as an AK variant,but inmo I think it's differant enough to merit its own classification,along with the CZ Vz58,which is also based loosely on the Kalishnakov.A company has done or is doing a semi version of that as well if memory serves.
I own a 180b and while it is fairly crude/ugly looking(subjective) it runs like grease thru a goose,and if accurate enough for any combat purpose.While not a match rifle it holds it's own.The AK (Romanian "g" built on an American receiver)I own might be the exception to the rule,that mother will put em where your aiming too with deadly consistency with crap ammo.I've been meaning to try some Cor-bon in it to see just how well it will group.
I'm currently doing some mods to the 180b,when I'm finshed I'll post some pics and let you all see what it looks like.The only thing it lacks that I've been scratching my head on how to rig up is a bolt release.I think it could be done,given the right tools and a few parts.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
467 Posts
If you'd phrased the survey to how many I've ever owned, the numbers would be a LOT higher.

I also lumped the FN49 under the FAL aegis.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Century IS currently offering (9 I think)a semi-auto version of the Galil.I can't remember the name of it at this moment.I suppose you could include that as an AK variant,but inmo I think it's differant enough to merit its own classification,along with the CZ Vz58,which is also based loosely on the Kalishnakov.A company has done or is doing a semi version of that as well if memory serves.
I own a 180b and while it is fairly crude/ugly looking(subjective) it runs like grease thru a goose,and if accurate enough for any combat purpose.While not a match rifle it holds it's own.The AK (Romanian "g" built on an American receiver)I own might be the exception to the rule,that mother will put em where your aiming too with deadly consistency with crap ammo.I've been meaning to try some Cor-bon in it to see just how well it will group.
I'm currently doing some mods to the 180b,when I'm finshed I'll post some pics and let you all see what it looks like.The only thing it lacks that I've been scratching my head on how to rig up is a bolt release.I think it could be done,given the right tools and a few parts.
Sorry for the knock on the 180. Just my initial impression upon examining several of them and hearing of the cracked lowers etc. Wanted one when they were first announced. The Century Golanis(Galil clones) are an iffy proposition at best. I don't trust anything from Century. Its hit and miss with their products. I'd have a beautiful Cetme I saw recently if it were not for the Century connection. And AK's? My Norinco preban underfolder is deadly accurate as well. Never did understand the inaccurate label hung on AKs. Not as accurate as xyz maybe but not inaccurate by a damn sight. Do post pics of your 180, thats it in your personal pic right? Looks good with the collapsible.

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you ,Golani is it.And no I'm not a huge fan of Century Either,but I think they have improved and the Golani looks to a better than their monkey built AK's.
I didn't take offense at your 180b comment.They supposedly had a bad run of polymer,and the issues folks had were fixed by Armalite.That collapsable also folds,It's pretty SWEET actually.I'm getting ready to order a railed fore-end for it. ;D

·
Registered
347 Posts
I have a pair of FAL's that I would love to sell in favor of XCR-M's. In the meantime they seem to be the closest match to the XCR in terms of control layout. My AR15's will always be around but I don't shoot them very much since I got the XCR-L's.

·
Banned
8,010 Posts
I have the top 4 ;D

·
Registered
874 Posts
Tavor isn't on that list :(. But other than my XCR I own a M14s, SKS-D and a Tavor Tar-21 for assaultish rifles.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
I've got a Stainless Loaded Springfield M1A in a Sage EBR stock. It just got a US Optics SN10 scope. Now all I need is the LaRue mount and she'll be done.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Damn killswitch, that thing is HOT!!!!!!!! >:D
Check this out:

Original GI M14E2 I obtained many moons ago. Old Skool Chassis!

·
Registered
275 Posts
Voted for AK Variant for my PolyTech Legend AK47s pre ban milled receiver that I bought for under $500 brand new in 1987 or so. I have never had any malfunction of any kind with this rifle in the twenty years I have owned it. Nice for me to see they go for $2k or so when they show up on gun broker but I will never sell it.

No option for my pre ban Action Arms UZI carbine I have also had since new for 20 years now. Everyone sure thinks it's evil as soon as they hear UZI.

Sure wish I bought the new Steyr AUG back in the pre-ban days when they wanted $1,000 bucks for one. :duh: I considered it strongly but didn't pull the trigger and buy it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts