XCR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I personally think Robarms has some holes in what is offered in terms of barrels

Here is what I would like to see, and what I think would be ideal barrel offerings for the XCR; I mean specs, not lengths

1. Chrome-Moly Vanadium Steel, 1/7 twist, chrome lined, light weight "pencil barrel"

2. Chrome-Moly Vanadium Steel, 1/7 twist, chrome lined, Gov't profile barrel (tapered down behind the gas block under handguards, med-con to heavy profile after gas block). This is barrel profile used on the Colt 6920. It keeps the gun light but you're still able to mouth a suppressor.

3. Stainless Steel, 1/8 twist, polygonal rifled, Heavy Match barrel

What would other people like to see?

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
Hammer forged, chrome lined barrel, 5R or polygonal rifling. 1/7, or even 1/8, would work for me. Their lightweight contour is just fine, in my humble opinion.

...oh yeah, one in 6x45 too! ;)

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
Taper pin the gas block too. I never take that thing off anyway.

G

·
Hammer forged, chrome lined barrel, 5R or polygonal rifling. 1/7, or even 1/8, would work for me. Their lightweight contour is just fine, in my humble opinion.
that'd work for me just fine. Weight is a big issue, so a heavy barrel should be contoured then cyro stress relieved.

hell, cryo all the barrels

·
Registered
22,175 Posts

...oh yeah, one in 6x45 too! ;)
X2

Sean

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Keep the current offerings; add barrels with the current specs but with 1:7 (which looks like they are on the way to doing), and add a true match grade 18" barrel (heavy profile, .223 or Wylde chamber; 1:8 or 1:7), and I think 95% of the bases would be covered.

Is there some reason you can't mount a suppressor on a light profile barrel? If for some reason you need a heavy profile just to the rear of the muzzle device in order to mount a suppressor, I could see adding the govt profile as well.

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Fluted HBAR, 18" with a Nitride bore, Wylde chamber and a 1:7.7 twist.

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
Gr8,

dammit boy, you take some fine pictures!

And I'd love to have those flutes on my hbar xcr. i've got them on my para fal and they really lighten the front end

tk

·
Registered
5,623 Posts

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
18" stainless With an AAC SPR flash suppressor and a ball milling like on KAC's 6mm PDW.

Here are pics of the KAC PDW so you know what I'm talking about on the ball milling.

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
Those KAC PDW'd sure are fancy looking shooters. Almost looks like someone shrunk an XCR in a way.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts