XCR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello forum, Before I rush out & burn the wallet on (additional) mags and ammo, what spare parts should I order for the XCR?

Now my first instinct was to just go down Robinsons Spare Parts List, and order 1 or 2 of everything. But what do some of the top XCR gunners here think are the most important spare XCR parts to order?

The reason for asking is obviously fear about another AWB. And how cold & strict it could make life for the Americans who choose to exercise our individual rights.

I don't know if the machine gun ban, banned the ability to use newly manufactured parts, to keep your gear up & functioning?

If another AWB were placed in effect, and depending on the severity of it. How could Robinson stay afloat & deliver/manufacture our components?

I'm sorta hoping XCR could be remedied with easy to find AR parts if Robinson parts get rare?

(I know I have a few questions here, please bear with my questionably multi qustions ;D)

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
I don't think spare parts would fall under a new AWB,but who knows what it could include.Anything other than what they said they want to do is pure conjecture and you can't take them at their word anyway.Personally,I think IF they can get it to pass,a new AWB will be much more inclusive as to what defines an AW and will possibly include any rifles capable of using a detachable box magazine.
If you can't afford a complete parts kit,I would start with spare springs,and possibly a recoil buffer as they will eventually wear out.The trigger and hammer pin might not be a bad idea either,although they are not known to fail often,it can happen,or you could lose them(hey it happens).
My advice would be to just buy a spare parts kit,and a firing pin or two.Down the road you might want to invest in another bolt,that way you have a spare for carbine class ready to go in the possible,but unlikely event you break a firing pin,you can just swap bolts quickly.
As far as AR parts compatability,non of the trigger components will work except the hammer spring.Don't take that to mean all AR hammer springs will work,some of the match type are to light/weak to fire some of the harder primered(Wolf,Silver Bear,etc.) ammo.The pistol grip and trigger guard are compatable,other than that,unless I'm forgetting anything,nothing else will interchange.
Do you have your XCR yet? If not,for the first couple hundred rounds you should check the tightness of your ejector bolts,mine have never loosened,but others have,so keep an eye on them.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you have your XCR yet? If not,for the first couple hundred rounds you should check the tightness of your ejector bolts,mine have never loosened,but others have,so keep an eye on them.

No, unfortunately not. I find myself on the "kaboose" of the waiting list. Now I am spending my time on spare parts, magazines & ammunition.

You know, the insignificant stuff ;)

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts