XCR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there one with massive numbers? Glock has one with something like 175,000 thru it and im wondering if there is an XCR being shot for testing like that.

Mine only has about 1,000 thru it :( Im not a high volume shooter but at least its easy on the wallet ;D

·
Registered
207 Posts
I'm probably right over 10,000 right now, through the same barrel and everything that came from the factory. The only thing ever touched in the gun was I got a trigger job from a local gunsmith.

One of the members here has over 15,000 rounds through his, but he was also switching barrels. I'm not sure if he was switching just the barrel, or the entire upper. Also, RA has their test gun which has been "rumored" to have WAY more than that.

·
Registered
2,839 Posts

·
Registered
704 Posts
I'm at or above 15K and have been switching barrels for the last couple of months. The heavy barrel is used for precision work and probably has 200-300 rounds.

Somewhere around 8K I broke a firing pin. RA sent me a new bolt and carrier in the updated style.

I just broke a new style firing pin at around 14 K and swapped to my spare bolt. I have a new firing pin but haven't got around to replacing it yet.

The current bolt has 7K rounds on it and is showing minor surface wear. The locating tabs around the gas tube (where it meets the gas block) are a little worn and the tube can rotate a few more degrees than when new, but functioning is not affected.

I haven't noticed any wear or scratches on the upper receiver, inside or out. The shell deflector is showing some minor surface blems now. The recoil buffer still looks good.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm at or above 15K and have been switching barrels for the last couple of months. The heavy barrel is used for precision work and probably has 200-300 rounds.

Somewhere around 8K I broke a firing pin. RA sent me a new bolt and carrier in the updated style.

I just broke a new style firing pin at around 14 K and swapped to my spare bolt. I have a new firing pin but haven't got around to replacing it yet.

The current bolt has 7K rounds on it and is showing minor surface wear. The locating tabs around the gas tube (where it meets the gas block) are a little worn and the tube can rotate a few more degrees than when new, but functioning is not affected.

I haven't noticed any wear or scratches on the upper receiver, inside or out. The shell deflector is showing some minor surface blems now. The recoil buffer still looks good.
This is great info. When you talk about the gas tube are you using the old gas block?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Thought I recalled you mention a while ago that you had pronounced wear markings on the bolt-carrier rails inside the upper?

·
Registered
704 Posts
Not that I can recall. The bolt itself where it slides in the carrier and some spots on the lugs, show some moderate finish wear, but not the receiver.

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Lubrication works wonders.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts