XCR Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure if this is in the right section or not,but here goes.I have the promag buis for the front and rear for my xcr.The problem is,I didn't notice when I ordered them that the front is for mounting on a railed gas block.I noticed the problem when I went to zero the buis and the shots were about 18" low at 25 yards.I figure all I need is a riser to raise the rear sight,but I'm not sure of the height difference between the two.Dose anyone have any ideas? I suppose I could always buy a front sight designed for mounting on a full length upper rail,But the idea of dropping a hundred bucks on one don't exactly make me all warm and fuzzy.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
275 Posts
Had the same problem when I first got my rifle and the dealer send me the YHM gas block sight. I returned the bad part and got the proper one on the rifle once I figured out they sent me the wrong part.

I would try to exchange for the proper sight.

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
58 Posts
You will not be able to compensate for that much of a difference.
My suggestion, list the sight for sale here or at another site.
Then purchase the correct height sight.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I haven't messed with that for awhile, but I think the height for the front sight post on a gas-block mounted sight varies between 50-55mm, while both rear & front sights for a monolithic top rail is 45mm.

BTW: 1 inch = 25.4mm, so 1/2 inch would be about 12.2mm

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Has anyone ever seen a riser thats less then 1/2 inch in highth? It's looking like I'll have to just bite the bullet and buy a front sight for the rail instead of the block,I'm thinking midwest industries.I kinda dig the half circular protective ears on them.The choices for front sights that are rail mounted seem to be fairly limited.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts