XCR Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What was finally regaining market potential after getting axed in the past probably just got axed again. ...ill never get my east/west krink bastard...
I hope possible military contracts keep it alive

·
Registered
95 Posts
It was near impossible to gather up the parts that I need for a 5.45x39 AR15 build. I don't see a 5.45x39 ACR happening.

·
Registered
22,409 Posts
It was near impossible to gather up the parts that I need for a 5.45x39 AR15 build. I don't see a 5.45x39 ACR happening.
ACRs aren't even available anymore, no?

EDIT Guessing that's a typo...and you meant XCR.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
such a huge lose of a possible unicorn build. I really want to compare the effectiveness of a 7.5" 545 xcr and 7.5" 556 xcr as well as how well it suppressed since it (theoretically) should have less pressure and perform better in a shorter barrel. I understand pressure curves could change that

·
Registered
95 Posts
ACRs aren't even available anymore, no?

EDIT Guessing that's a typo...and you meant XCR.
It was just one letter, yet it completely changed the meaning of what I wrote. I definitely meant XCR.

I do have a couple of ACR's, but I've never actually shot either. I'm not avoiding shooting them, I just have not had the time. The funny thing is that I literally bought my DMR ACR about five days before Bushmaster announced they were discontinuing them.

·
Registered
22,409 Posts
It was just one letter, yet it completely changed the meaning of what I wrote. I definitely meant XCR.

I do have a couple of ACR's, but I've never actually shot either. I'm not avoiding shooting them, I just have not had the time. The funny thing is that I literally bought my DMR ACR about five days before Bushmaster announced they were discontinuing them.
You're a lucky man. I really, really wanted an ACR when they were the Masada. Was disappointed to see Freedom Group not really bring it to fruition as envisioned by Magpul. I ended up with my first XCR largely b/c of the way the ACR was mismanaged....and looking back now, I'm SO grateful I went this route, though I'd still like to have one....just sucks that they never did the AK mag lower and short bbls were a bitch to procure.

·
Registered
22,409 Posts
such a huge lose of a possible unicorn build. I really want to compare the effectiveness of a 7.5" 545 xcr and 7.5" 556 xcr as well as how well it suppressed since it (theoretically) should have less pressure and perform better in a shorter barrel. I understand pressure curves could change that
Yeah, I've been very interested in a 5.45 AK pistol or XCR build for years.....it's a great round and when it was $114 for 1080 rounds, it was an INCREDIBLY good deal. Just wish I'd bought pallets of the 7N6 ammo when it was available. Fucking government.

IMO, it's a better round than 5.56....but since it's almost all imported and now that the Russian ammo ban is in place....it doesn't make a whole lot of sense now. 😕

·
Registered
22,409 Posts
FWIW

I've got a 5.45 barrel on order with RA.

I've also got spare barrel/bolts in 5.45 if you really want an XCR in 5.45. All are standard length gas with one 10" mini gas.
16" bbls on the stnd length gas bbls? Oh...and do the bolts (Type 2) only work with Type 2 lowers, as I'd assume?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts