XCR Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen several pictures of XCR's that have a different lower. The trigger guard is much like the magpul winter trigger guard and is built into the lower. When did this happen?

·
Registered
327 Posts
Yeah I made the mistake of buying a magpul trigger guard before my XCR arrived. One I got it and went to change it out, low and behold it was the already on there. :duh: So I sold it to a buddy of mine. ;D

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
I'm surprised there wasn't an official announcement from Robinson regarding the new lower.I understand them not telling us about it till release,as a surprise or whatever,but why not at least tell everyone what you did,some people still aren't aware of it.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
I'm surprised there wasn't an official announcement from Robinson regarding the new lower.I understand them not telling us about it till release,as a surprise or whatever,but why not at least tell everyone what you did,some people still aren't aware of it.

You don't remember all the teaser threads and pics Terra put on here? She led us on for months about the new lowers.
So this begs another question:

What else did RA do to the lower? I'd like to get one so I can see for myself. ;D

According to Terra they are no longer putting a sling eye on the rear of the (lower?) receiver.

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
You don't remember all the teaser threads and pics Terra put on here? She led us on for months about the new lowers.
Yes but I meant an official announcement on the company website to inform all those who don't some to this forum or haven't found it yet.

·
Registered
22,651 Posts
According to Terra they are no longer putting a sling eye on the rear of the (lower?) receiver.
I have both styles (it's on the stock btw, not the lower).

The newer style still seems to have a "port" (for lack of a better word) on the bottom side near the hinge for one of those loaded spring ball type mounts.....at least that's how it looks. I've never really trusted that type of attachment though so I'm definitely no expert.

HTH,
Sean

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
what difference would it have made? Everyone would have wanted a new lower, and Alex doesn't want us selling off all our receivers. We figured we'd just leave it as a small surprise.
I completely understand why you didn't release it that way.Demand would simply outrun supply even more so than it already is.My point was it is a good selling point and makes sense to inform new buyers of improved features.I know you aren't having trouble selling rifles.I just thought it's more great features to add to the already long list of great ones. ;D ;D

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
I've never seen what all the excitement was about with regard to the MAGPUL ENHANCED TRIGGER GUARD!!! (other than that is it made by Magpul, and it is ENHANCED!!

Now the gapper on the other hand is a real enhancement, and costs a lot less than a Magpul enhanced trigger guard.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I've never seen what all the excitement was about with regard to the MAGPUL ENHANCED TRIGGER GUARD!!! (other than that is it made by Magpul, and it is ENHANCED!!

Now the gapper on the other hand is a real enhancement, and costs a lot less than a Magpul enhanced trigger guard.
I like it because it works better with gloves on. I don't care about "asthetic enhancements" so much as I like "functional improvements".

1 - 18 of 18 Posts