XCR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am about to put my purchase in for my first XCR, I was wondering though, how much longer will it be before the medium comes out? I didn't see a release date anywhere and I was hoping someone here might

·
Registered
332 Posts
That does seem to be the question of the day?/month?/quarter?/year?

So far, I believe the only answer we have is 'when it's ready'

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
I would say that I will be shooting one by summer.

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Obama has messed everything up. At this stage Robarm is try to crank out guns and registered parts so if there is a ban there will still be XCR's to buy in the future

Stocks can be made anytime. Same for triggers. The M model has taken a backseat to the L model.

I know it sucks, no one likes it. Best we can all hope for is Obama to not mess with guns, then we oust him in 4 years.

We should be getting a peak at the M model soon.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah I didn't want to wait so I already ordered mine! ;D Looking forward to it! Realistically he hasn't even mentioned anything about a ban or anything trying to regulate anything has he? Now Pelosi is a entirely different ball game, I'm glad I'm not stationed at Pendleton anymore!

·
Registered
49 Posts
On his website, change.gov under "urban policy" you will find the following which I cut and pasted for your lazy reading pleasure:

Address Gun Violence in Cities: Obama and Biden would repeal the Tiahrt Amendment, which restricts the ability of local law enforcement to access important gun trace information, and give police officers across the nation the tools they need to solve gun crimes and fight the illegal arms trade. Obama and Biden also favor commonsense measures that respect the Second Amendment rights of gun owners, while keeping guns away from children and from criminals. They support closing the gun show loophole and making guns in this country childproof. They also support making the expired federal Assault Weapons Ban permanent.

There is no such thing as a childproof gun. The AWB doesn't scare me as much as legislation requiring non-existent technology.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
A childproof gun is a firearm owned by a responsible parent. They keeps guns locked up and away from children and also teach them gun safety even if the child has no desire to hunt or shoot and instill in them that it is NOT a toy.

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Not to talk too much politics in here, I am not too worried about Obama right now (I hope that I am right too). He has enough to deal with fixing the economy, pulling out of Iraq, helping the middle east find peace, blah blah blah.

The L is done, it works and there isn't a lot of testing/development that needs to happen for it. It is just a matter of cranking out the parts. We have no clue what the wording might be for a possible AWB. It could say that weapons can't be built anymore with those "evil" parts on them, meaning the lowers sitting in my safe are not "safe".

Bottom line, the M is the primary focus as far as I was told. At least for the design/development people.

If they want to keep kids safe they should ban alcohol so Drunk Drivers cant drink and drive.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Personally I think a ban is done by a leader who isn't competent enough to do his job. So instead of dealing with their problems they ban something making people believe the scapecoat is the source of the problem. Which of course is complete BS.

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
If they want to keep kids safe they should ban alcohol so Drunk Drivers cant drink and drive.
OMFG...ROFLMAO...AZ I know what you meant by that,but you know I'm a smartass and still have to say it,"yea,didn't we try that once,and not only did it fail miserably but it created an illegal market and helped to make the mafia much more powerfull,oh and by the way banning drugs worked too right?"
Personally I think a ban is done by a leader who isn't competent enough to do his job. So instead of dealing with their problems they ban something making people believe the scapecoat is the source of the problem. Which of course is complete BS.
That's another good one.When,I say WHEN will people learn that no matter what law you make their will some imbecilic idiot to break it.I don't give a damn what it is,gun laws are no different.You cannot legislate actions,you can only punish the possesion,but there is no way in blue hell you will stop people from getting what they want.It makes no difference whether it's drug's,booze,guns,bombs,sharp sticks or a friggin rock.If there is a demand.some enterprising person...err miscreant will supply the market,PERIOD.Legislation aimed at making people feel good about you doing your job is total BULLSHIT! It's an attempt to control by some of them,and a misguided sense that they are doing the right thing,no matter the path or how ineffective it is by others,either way they are both wrong.The difference is the second half may sometimes be educated the truth and shown the well intentioned but wrong course they have been following.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
I have a hard time thinking that Obama election and subsequent increase in orders *should* cause a slowdown in the release of new products. I mean, what are they doing, sending the R&D guys out to the factory to assemble rifles? An increase in orders is normally good for the business, right? Hopefully they are using the proceeds to either:

A) Increase production capacity if they need it.
B) Increase R&D capacity, since it definitely looks like they could use it.

The only way I could see more orders = slower release of the M, is if they have the rifle all the way finished, but are delaying production in order to catch up on outstanding L orders. (if that is the case, see option "A" above. But I doubt that it is)

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
OMFG...ROFLMAO...AZ I know what you meant by that,but you know I'm a smartass and still have to say it,"yea,didn't we try that once,and not only did it fail miserably but it created an illegal market and helped to make the mafia much more powerfull,oh and by the way banning drugs worked too right?"
Yeah, I know it didn't work, my point exactly. It is more to get a rise out of a few people. I would hope that the american public would react the same to gun laws as they do to abolishment of their favorite beverage but that doesn't always seem to be the case.

I mean, what are they doing, sending the R&D guys out to the factory to assemble rifles?
Exactly. I would hope that they aren't doing this. Production is usually separate from R&D. Everyone can pitch in when a new batch of lowers and uppers are ready for assembly but I would think that design stuff still goes on.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I mean, what are they doing, sending the R&D guys out to the factory to assemble rifles?
Terra posted she was taking longer to respond to people because they had her out in the factory helping with assembly, so i'm not sure i'd consider this all that far fetched.

I know it's been tough reaching us, more specifically me. With the huge amount of orders/boost in production, they have had me helping with assembly and shipping a lot. I haven't been in the office much as a result.

So, if you need to reach me - email is best. I can at least make time for that when I get home from work. I'm still here to help you with all your repair needs. If it's an emergency, PM me and I can call you from my cell.

Thanks for your patience, guys.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Well here we are April 28,2011 and no sign of the XCR-M .308. Perhaps November 2011? Shipping in April 2012. At least we have a short clip on youtube to hold us out. The Bushmaster ACR is even further behind.With the 6.8 kit and the AK version.Probably 2012 also.At least we have other toys to play with.

·
Registered
6,528 Posts
Well it's May, Same old s&#t.

·
Registered
270 Posts
The ACR Forum has another video of the -M. States seven more weeks for the rifle and new stock.I am very happy with my XCR 6.8.But the 7.62 looks very interesting.

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
I don't know if he meant the rifle/stock will be out by then, just said more interesting videos and pics in the next 7 weeks. We can only hope that the rifle will be done and ready in the next 7 weeks.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts