XCR Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a matech or ma tech or whatever rear sight and in the instructions it makes a big deal out of putting it in the rearmost slot on the receiver on an AR for the range adjustments and zeroing to work right. So my questions are: how does this rearmost slot on the AR line up with the XCR rail? and is it just a sight radius issue or a placement and radius issue? if it's just a question of radius then I just have to get the sight radius of the AR and space my sights the same but if it's a placement and radius issue then I need to know ho the receivers line up. Does anyone else use the matech BUIS? I read that they were only available to the military and couldn't find anything on their website. I was going to get the MI rear sight but then found the matech on ebay for like $50 and had to try it out. If anyone can shed some light for me I'd really appreciate it.

thanks.

jeremey

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
I don't think the sight radius will be much of a problem because the Matech unit is issue on both the M4 and the M16A4. (When getting a 25m BZO on an A4 you would use the little line on the range scale, with the M4, just leave it on '300'.) I would put it where it works best for you honestly. Too far back and you poke you eye out!

Be careful when torqing down that clamp screw though! It seems that they aren't super-duper strong when some knuckle dragging, small arms repairman like me wrenches on it. There may be some M4's in the inventory somewheres with some Home Depot/Menards/Lowe's replacement screws.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts