XCR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Already own 3 AR's. So with that out of the way I would like to move on to the next one. XCR,SCAR,or any other type pistion AR. Been reading all the info on all weapons and it comes down to price and avaiableity. So with the many piston AR's already out there and there are a bunch. I need the pros and cons of each. Scar is out of my price range for now. ACR who knows when and if. XCR is affordable right now. POf and others are now but pricey. ???

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Well, you will find lots of threads that cover this...bottom line, adjustable gas piston, monolithic railed upper, caliber swapability, superior ergonomics, stronger bolt, same price as some AR piston uppers...we could go on I am sure.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I just came from the same place you're at trying to decide which gun to go with. I've decided the XCR for the reasons Aziator highlighted above. I don't have mine yet, but if no other reason, there really isn't anything else that has these features, is in this price range, and is currently available.

I find actually being able to purchase a product a VERY attractive feature. :2cents:

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Recon, I don't mean to sound short either. The XCR isn't the greatest gun to ever grace the world but then again I can't think of one that is. It doesn't have the followng of the AR nor do many of the parts interchange with an AR. You will find that the customer service at Robarms is top notch, probably the best in the buisness.

Bottom line, the XCR is a joy to shoot. It isn't as light as my 9" AR but I don't need it to be. I like the fact that I know I can mount an optic anywhere on the rail and not worry aoout some aftermarket rail not being perfectly rigid and in place. I like the fact that if I don't feel like cleaning my gun I don't have to, it will still fire. The biggest thing I like is when I go to the range it is the only one out there (same reason I drive a lifted truck and ride a Ducati, I like to be different).

There are probably a million reasons to buy an XCR. I followed the design from the early days when they were still making M96's and knew from the design that it was going to be a great rifle. I bought it sight unseen (actually drove out to pick it up). Alex is a genius and knows more about firearms than I could ever begin to fathom. I like the fact that no matter what, he will always be looking for ways to innovate, to revolutionize the industry. I really think that he has raised the bar with the XCR. It has been said before, I don't understand how they can build a rifle of this quality and sell it for as cheap as they do.

·
Registered
568 Posts
recon,
Based on available media info on the ACR and SCAR and hands on experience with the XCR I would steer you towards the XCR first.
ACR second and SCAR last. Call it subjective as I base that statement on my personal tastes of engineering .

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Already own 3 AR's. So with that out of the way I would like to move on to the next one. XCR,SCAR,or any other type pistion AR. Been reading all the info on all weapons and it comes down to price and avaiableity. So with the many piston AR's already out there and there are a bunch. I need the pros and cons of each. Scar is out of my price range for now. ACR who knows when and if. XCR is affordable right now. POf and others are now but pricey. ???
I wrote a fairly long comparison between the SCAR and XCR back in July. I wrote it not long after FN brought the SCAR to Utah to show off to Salt Lake County and certain dealers.

You can read it hear: http://xcrforum.com/index.php/topic,1178.0.html

Personally, all and all I would prefer and take an XCR over a SCAR. The XCR is just sleeker with a slightly smarter design. It's very close between the two, but the edge would go to the XCR IMHO.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Seen any Sigs in 6.5, 6.8 or 7.62x39??? Nope! XCR can handle those as well as 5.56. ;D :2cents:

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
How about the SIG-556?
Piece of shit...But that's just one man's opinion. They do however have this cool feature where they blow out their piston rods like harpoons and destroy their barrels under 1000 rounds due to the shitty heat treat, and nitride process

·
Registered
384 Posts
How about the SIG-556?
Piece of shit...But that's just one man's opinion. They do however have this cool feature where they blow out their piston rods like harpoons and destroy their barrels under 1000 rounds due to the shitty heat treat, and nitride process

wow VB you should put that thread in the sig forums, maybe it will help ppl not to buy that piece of s__T. sorry it happened, i kno it probably was a bummer.

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
VB, sucks about your Sig. Is it still in warranty?
You're new here huh ;D

I would never buy a SIG carbine because I've known from day one that they are junk. I gave one of the first range reports in the country. It sucked then, and it sucks now.

For whatever reason many people are convinced because the 556 has SIG stamped on the side that it is a good product. The list of issues with the 556 are endless. Why anyone would consider buying one is beyond me. The spotty materials, build quality and QC have taken one of the world's finest 5.56 weapons and turned it into something by Century Arms.

·
Premium Member
6,143 Posts
You're new here huh ;D

I would never buy a SIG carbine because I've known from day one that they are junk. I gave one of the first range reports in the country. It sucked then, and it sucks now.

For whatever reason many people are convinced because the 556 has SIG stamped on the side that it is a good product. The list of issues with the 556 are endless. Why anyone would consider buying one is beyond me. The spotty materials, build quality and QC have taken one of the world's finest 5.56 weapons and turned it into something by Century Arms.
That's really sad and surprising, they make such nice pistols.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
Agreed. I'm a SIG-certified armorer. Own several pistols and would buy more. But not the 556.

tk

·
Registered
568 Posts
You're new here huh ;D

Yup, and been out of the loop for a while as well.

I checked out a SIG 556 briefly and it didn't do any thing for me or do anything my other rifles do so, Ehh, just didn't pay it any more
attention.
Never bought into brand foolery.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Cause its not a 550/551/552 ;)

·
Registered
652 Posts
You're new here huh ;D

Let's not forget that the SL County SWAT guys had so many problems with the "Real" sigs that all the bolt actions, pistols, and 552 commando's are back at sig for good. They were some of the poster boys sporting the 552 commando's for the olympics but after all sorts of reliability issues (including flying a sig engineer in from europe) they shit canned the whole lot.

I am a huge fan of the sig pistols but I think that the 550/551/552 is a bit over-rated to say the least. I can also say that of all the auto 5.56 rifles I have shot the 552 was no where near the top.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts