XCR Forum banner

Which type of zombies scare you most?

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are three types of zombies:

There are Stumblers which we all know from Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead, Day of the Dead and any other zombie movie made before 2000. They eat flesh, are generally slow, but very persistant

Then there are Runners from the Dawn of the Dead remake. They are fast, but they are stupid as hell. Unless you open the door and let them in, you'd probably be perfectly fine

Lastly, there are Return of the Living Dead zombies. These are Talkers which are sorta like stumblers, only they talk and say shit like "Brains Brains Brains", over and over.

28 Days Later (Not really zombies), and I Am Legend (Also not really zombies) do not apply.

If it all fell apart tomorrow, which type of zombie would you be more afraid of?

·
Registered
986 Posts
There are three types of zombies:

There are Stumblers which we all know from Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead, Day of the Dead and any other zombie movie made before 2000. They eat flesh, are generally slow, but very persistant

Then there are Runners from the Dawn of the Dead remake. They are fast, but they are stupid as hell. Unless you open the door and let them in, you'd probably be perfectly fine

Lastly, there are Return of the Living Dead zombies, which are sorta like stumblers and runnners combined, only they talk and say shit like "Brains Brains Brains", over and over.

28 Days Later (Not really zombies), and I Am Legend (Also not really zombies) do not apply.

If it all fell apart tomorrow, which type of zombie would you be more afraid of?
The runners.... You can pick off the stumblers (careful aimed shots) and slowly back up if they get too close. Runners they hunting you, all you have to do is out smart them, fortify a position and blast away.

BTW: In "I am Legend" the book that the movie was based upon they vampires... ;D

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I voted runners. If you are out in the open and runners see you, then you are lunch. You cant outrun them since they dont get tired, or kill them fast enough since they tend to travel in large numbers.

·
Registered
986 Posts
I voted runners. If you are out in the open and runners see you, then you are lunch. You cant outrun them, or kill them fast enough since they tend to travel in large numbers.
So if you have a jeep with a 5.56 minigun and 2000 rds of ammo, you think you would still be lunch? :machinegun2: ;D

Actually I think a flame thower would be good too.... Hit them w/flame then the minigun... Plus an over watch with XCRs. :rapidfire:

·
Registered
4,440 Posts
Runners. No doubt. All you have to be doing is NOT pay attention for one second.

Here's another idea, what's the best weapon to address the zombie threat? Does it matter which type? Pistol for stumblers, shotgun for runners?

If it had to happen and I was the guy on the roof of the gun store in Dawn Of The Dead, I would've been trying out all kinds of trick shots! I know it's morbid. But how many of you really wished it was you in the movie? Admit it.

·
Registered
986 Posts
Runners. No doubt. All you have to be doing is NOT pay attention for one second.

Here's another idea, what's the best weapon to address the zombie threat? Does it matter which type? Pistol for stumblers, shotgun for runners?

If it had to happen and I was the guy on the roof of the gun store in Dawn Of The Dead, I would've been trying out all kinds of trick shots! I know it's morbid. But how many of you really wished it was you in the movie? Admit it.
Your a bad bad man!!!! But when you are right your right..... :duh:

·
Registered
449 Posts
If you want a really good read on the "combat doctrine" of Z's you should get a copy of "World War Z".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_War_Z

World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War (abbreviated WWZ) is a 2006 novel by Max Brooks. Though a follow-up to his humorously deadpan previous book, The Zombie Survival Guide, World War Z is more serious in tone, and strives to be both factually and psychologically convincing. Brooks also states that World War Z follows the "laws" set up in The Zombie Survival Guide, and that the guide exists in this world as a precursor to the war.[1]

Brooks plays the role of an agent of the United Nations Postwar Commission who published the novel in this fictional future after the United Nations left out much of his work from the official report. Rather than a grand overview or a single perspective, World War Z is instead a collection of individual accounts in the form of interviews between the author and the characters. Taking place in the 2010s, the book charts a war against zombies from remote oddities, to a global pandemic to mass panic, and then to an armed struggle to reclaim the planet from the undead. In addition, the personal accounts describe the changing religious, geo-political, and environmental aftermath of the Zombie war.

Inspired by the The Good War and George Romero, Brooks uses World War Z to provide commentary on a wide range of topics including government ineptitude, survivalism, and uncertainty in our times. It has been praised by critics and the audiobook version, complete with an all-star cast, won the 2007 Audie Award. A film based upon the book is currently in development.

·
Registered
4,440 Posts
I read it on deployment. Wasn't bad, I just thought it'd be different than what it was.

As fun as it would be, I think a minigun would be a waste of ammo. The only thing that will kill them is a headshot or decapitation right? I think here the 5.56 would be the perfect round. You really wouldn't need the 7.62 (except maybe for range).

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
Runners.

Running is what you do when the plan fails. :D

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Definitely Runners. The rest should be pretty easy to take. The dogs and birds from Resident Evil are pretty scary too, would need a good shotgun for them.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Talkers definitely need to be feared most.

Ya can't even burn 'em, because burning them releases more gas and creates more zombies!

Return of The Living Dead is documented proof that the only way to kill them is total destruction.

I'm thinking I need an M203 and LOTS/LOTS/LOTS of HE rounds... plus a couple truck loads of claymore's to defend my position at the local food warehouse where I have taken refuge.

The hell with the shopping mall...

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
My most recent qualification in this field is playing Half Life 2 on PS3. The runners are definitely tougher. They get in quick and start kicking your ass before you know it, and can cover a lot of ground in the time it takes you to reload.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Well, as someone who has played the video game "Left 4 Dead" I'd have to say the giant mutant muscle covered zombies are the worst. ;)

It's one thing to have 50 runners coming at you and wishing you had a full-auto, it's another thing to see something 7 feet tall covered in muscle that just picked up a car and is about to throw it at you...

That's when you really want those 40mm High Explosive rounds, or a .50 cal machine gun.

Also, in the runners category, the Resident Evil Apocalypse movie had intelligent and seriously tough runners. The ones created by the scientist.

If I where facing Runners, I'd want a 5.56 XCR (full auto ;D ) with a few Beta C-mag 100 round dual drum magazines.

If facing the Stumblers, I'd bunker down and use everything, because I'm not in immediate danger.

Stumblers pose a problem though, because there's so many of them. Eventually they can climb on top of the pile of dead bodies outside your fort and get inside...

To deal with that, you need lots and lots of... Septic Cleaner... To... Melt them... Yes I did go there. :ninja:

·
Registered
153 Posts
I highly recommend that everyone check out a comedy zombie movie called 'Fido'. It's the first intentionally funny zombie flick i've seen. It's kind of like 'Leave it to Beaver' meets 'Night of the Living Dead'.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Fido is awesome. But yeah the runners are the worst, they are just so friggen fast. However the stumblers are the creepiest, the way they just slowly grind over things, if you get taken down, it won't be a fast death.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Runners, as stated before, if your plan fails running is the back up plan. As far as weapons, I like a 12 gauge for removing extremities making them non-ambulatory and a cricket bat (Thanks Shawn of the Dead), or an aluminum bat. Once you've got one that can't run beat them like a baby seal. You won't waste ammo spraying and praying, you will not give away your position to other zombies and it is very aerobic allowing you to stay in top physical form, with the added benefit of relieving stress, "take that former boss turned zombie"! >:D

Cheers, Cruzzer!

·
Registered
356 Posts
Thought I'd post this t-shirt I designed here too, given the theme. Anyone pick one of these up yet? I only marked them up $1 so I can feed my 6.8 one round at a time. ;D

http://www.cafepress.com/ZombieShirts

1 - 20 of 60 Posts