XCR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Where can I buy some low profile HK style sights like on the 416?
Try Sturm or HKpro for real HK416 sights

The clones are slightly taller. If there is a real 100% clone with the same height, I dont know of it personally.

·
Registered
122 Posts
HKparts.net.
The height is still not low enough imho. Might try the rear on my 556 though. Its the sight tool thats so overpriced its stupid! Check out the site they have everything, even the new 416 ergo PG. I'm thinking that grip would be kinda sweet on the XCR.

·
Registered
153 Posts
HKparts.net is were I got mine. They are the perfect height for the XCR. I do prefer them over both the Troy and MI folding sights. However they are a bit pricey.

Has anyone here converted an HK SL-8 in to a G36. I like my SL-8 but it is pretty boring. I've seen some pictures of converted G36's on the web and look pretty cool. The guys at HKparts.net seem to all the parts that are needed. I'm just wonder how big of pain in the ass its going to be?

·
Registered
122 Posts
I know the converted clones go for big bucks. Whats the serialized part? Upper or lower.
Maybe just like the Sigs you have to secure a pricey G36 upper or lower. It would be F'in awesome though. Maybe give the guys at HKparts.net a call. I'm sure they have the low down.
Hey, is the rear HK416 unit adjustable with anything other than the proprietory tool?
Thanks,
Stu

·
Registered
512 Posts
Top Notch does the conversions ,but they are expensive . Ive seen a lot of these for sale where it looks like the SL8-6 was used and when completed they do bring big bucks . But some of them are half finished or the first thing they did is get rid of that 10rd.single stack mag well and go to the AR type. HKpro.com is a big forum for HK and they have a lot of articles about that conversion.
Some of those guys have $4,500.00 in those guns or more. I have never seen one for real ,and to each his own ,but for a kit conversion thats to rich for me.
I do know you need to do your homework ,because some guys got some kits requiring grinding and fitting and they screwed it up.

·
Registered
153 Posts
You can adjust them with just a phillips screwdriver. It has taken me a few trips to the range to get them zeroed. If you are use to AR sights, they will take a little time to get use to. The first time I shot with them I was all over the place, but now I can get pretty tight groups at 100+ yards.

·
Registered
681 Posts
ryle,

I recently sold my SL8/G36 conversion. I did the whole conversion over to G36 mags. The process took about 60 days and all I did was send it in and then got it back, no problems. I sold it only because I never shot it and wanted to get something else. I'm sure it would have shot sweet but I knew I wouldn't use it much so decided to use the money for something I would. I have a USC converted to a UMP from Top Notch, thats who did my SL8. If you're considering it, go ahead as I don't think you'll regret it but prepare to pay some cash to get it pretty close to a G36. I wouldn't short change it and convert to the AR mags, it's just not the same.

·
Registered
356 Posts
I still have my SL8-1. I keep checking the prices on the auction sites. I don't have the heart to sell her yet though. She's not the prettiest girl in town but she really performs well. Love the gas piston. Maybe when I get my 6.8 and 6.5 XCRs I'll sell her for ammo.

She's a tack driver

·
Registered
6,528 Posts
www.centurionarms.com

They are the correct height for AR fittment. Assuming the rail/bore height on an XCR is the same they will do. $225 the set.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I'm out of town right now, but when I get home on thursday I'll post the dimensions for the 416 sights. Does anybody have the Centurion?

·
Registered
40 Posts
The HK sites are around 6 mm lower than centurion or rainier. This is because the HK 416's rail is highter to account for the gas system. I have a set of HK 416 sites on my XCR. They are perfect for it. If you did not know any better you would swear they were built specifically for the XCR.

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
The HK sites are around 6 mm lower than centurion or rainier. This is because the HK 416's rail is highter to account for the gas system. I have a set of HK 416 sites on my XCR. They are perfect for it. If you did not know any better you would swear they were built specifically for the XCR.
Okay...you know people are expecting pics now right?

·
Registered
356 Posts
First you have to find a place to host your images i.e. photobucket.com (it's free). Upload it then click this icon
that appears when posting or replying in this forum. It'll show some html code like this (img)(/img) in the text box. Then copy and paste the link to your photo between it (img)PASTE PICTURE LINK HERE(/img).

Or just e-mail it to me. I'll host and post it for you.

This is a good tutorial too. http://xcrforum.com/index.php/topic,425.0.html

1 - 20 of 24 Posts