XCR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So today I went in and had the wife handle an LMT 10.5'.

I really want a PDW XCR but in the meantime I am going to have to do a DI rifle so she can 3 gun with me. The big issue is weight so the mil. profile 10.5" is wicked light.

Any suggestions on another possible rifle?

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
For a lightweight lower check out the cav-arms mkii. it's almost a pound lighter than a regular lower and stock. plus it's available in fun colors if wifey so chooses!

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I actually enjoyed shooting the CX4's but damn the magazine selection blows. A CX4 thats takes Glock mags would be sweet.

The CAVArms stuff is just so damn ugly. Is it really almost a 1lb lighter??

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
there's the one keltec folding carbine that uses glock mags if a pistol cal carbine was an option. it's no beauty queen either though :p

I thought the cavarms stuff was kind of ugly when I first saw them, but they're growing on me and I might crack soon. might get a black one and a fde one. The color options and weight are nice, but covering a lower and stock for $125 is nice too.

eta, as far as the weight goes, I think the pound lighter is compared to an a2 stock setup. with a standard retractable stock I think the diff is like 12oz.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
If you want a PDW and don't mind the different caliber, then you should look at this:

http://www.knightarmco.com/images/pdw1.html

It fires a 65gr 6x35mm round at 2,425 fps Overall length with 8" barrel is 26" with extended stock, 17.5" folded.

It was featured on Future Weapons and was very impressive.

:rapidfire:

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
If you want a PDW and don't mind the different caliber, then you should look at this:

http://www.knightarmco.com/images/pdw1.html

It fires a 65gr 6x35mm round at 2,425 fps Overall length with 8" barrel is 26" with extended stock, 17.5" folded.

It was featured on Future Weapons and was very impressive.

:rapidfire:
That will probably never be sold to the public and if it was I am sure that it would be $2K+.

I am not a fan of the CAV Arms lower but it is the lightest one out there.

·
Registered
702 Posts
o313: A CavArms lower with a DI 10.5" upper would make a great 3-gun rifle for your wife. In all the 3-gun matches I have shot they do not allow pistol caliber rifles (hence, no sub guns) so the CX4 Storm is out.

Dog :D

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So LMT 10.5" is a great gun but the trigger blows so it's RRA or Jewel time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts