XCR Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23,036 Posts
It depends on the particular one and the cartridge you're feeding. I had to return some from my initial purchase, but all the ones that I have open now run 100% in 7.62x39 in multiple gun designs. They're even reliable on full auto in my M16.
My experience as well...with X39. Haven't tried them with anything else. You have to weed through them and I've experienced about a 1/3rd failure rate. If they work, they tend to just work.

I think roflcopters was the one that tried 6.5G in them and said they didn't work.

·
Registered
23,036 Posts
I'm a little confused. I remember reading 5.45 mags from ASC and Duramag (CProducts) were less than 100% reliable when I looked into the conversion for this years back. It would seem no one has any of these in stock and Duramag doesn't even list the 5.45 on their website.

What mag is RA supplying the guns with? (Just checked the website and the 5.45 is an option on the L currently). I wonder if you can just buy extra mags straight from RA.... Guessing they are ASC mags based on what RA typically supplies with their 7.62x39 guns.

·
Registered
23,036 Posts
Alex Robinson got back to me and says the new 545 XCRs ship with the new generation of 545 ASC mags and says "they work perfectly".
good to hear he found a consistent mag.
The bad news is, I cannot find 545 ASC mags anywhere
Right...which begs the question....if RA is getting them, I wonder if you can just order direct from RA....

Of course, the better answer is to email ASC direct and ask for the ETA on filling backorders.

·
Registered
23,036 Posts
Tested unimags some more with 12"
They worked fine with 29rds but I wasn't really impressed with the retention of the last round. Didn't fully fit in/engage the feed lip so I feel it might try to pop out on a hard insertion on an open bolt. No ftf or issues after 8 mags, though
With 5.45? Sorry...posted before I saw Krinkov just asked.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts