XCR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, got the XCR to the range for it's second session. Sent 210rds downrange without a hiccup, and was getting cocky. The gun was pretty hot, so I put it aside for a half hour while I shot other things. When I tried it again, no bang. Rounds were stripping from the mag just fine (I tried another mag just to make sure), but the gun wasn't locking up. No strikes at all. Extraction took some grunt, though. I got it to shoot a couple of times by feeding manually, but that only worked 50%. Just got it home and stripped. It's a little dirty, but nothing seems loose or broken. What could it be?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I should have added that looking at the bolt through the ejection port you could see that it didn't look right. There were no damaged cases.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The bolt, trigger and receiver innards all have a pretty good dusting of brass dust/chips/shavings. The inside of the chamber looks clean.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, I just looked under the light. The chamber has a heavy dusting of brass particles, too, so I guess it isn't clean after all.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I just checked. No perfs. Tell the truth, there's enough junk floating around in there, a perforation might not be necessary.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I've been evaluating the situation, and here's what I think. The XCR is engineered to be an amazingly simple mechanism, and it is. You could replace the trigger group with parts from Ace Hardware. Just a few operating modules. It's impressive. Operation is, however, completely dependent on the bolt assembly. Guys with a good bolt report thousands of trouble-free rounds. Guys with bad bolts have nothing but trouble, and come to dislike the gun. I'm starting to wonder about my bolt. First it was 3 light strikes in the first 100rds. Now, a stoppage after 310rds. Wish I had gotten one of those rehab bolts Terra was selling, just to try it. The number of bolt stories, rehabs, and bolts sent back to the factory should be a tipoff, I guess.

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
it actually could be the carrier, too. I will talk to Alex and see what we can do. That, or you can mail it in (on us) and we will get it turned around the day we receive it.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The bolt and carrier are in the mail. I know things are frantic around there right now. I guess it'll calm down soon, when people realize that it'll be months before the Dems can start working their evil. And, everything they try has to get past the Heller hurdle.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts