·
Registered
21,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All that needs to be said I think.

·
Registered
4,735 Posts
......yup. We really messed up not buying the forum from Lex.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I hate this modern website format that Facebook, eBay, all the banks and now here are trying to push. What's with all this empty space? My 24 inch screen is now seeing less information on the page and I have to keep scrolling. Is that the intent? To get us to scroll past ads?

·
Registered
21,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
691 Posts
Ahh, this is the same format that Homesteading Forum switched to. That site used to be very busy. Now it is garbage.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Notice the "Recommended Reading" section at the bottom. This is a good way to encourage necro-bumping 14 year old threads.

·
Registered
691 Posts

And the admins locked the announcement thread so we can't bitch directly on how bad it is.

·
Registered
21,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
691 Posts
The BB forums from 16 years ago would be a huge improvement.

Hell, one of the most popular boards for tech savy people is Hacker News. They use a basic message board system.

·
Registered
204 Posts
This is the same format the M14 forum took. It blows balls. But, what can we do about it...nothing. At least there is something on the web for us XCR (and M14) folks.

·
Registered
3,278 Posts
For a brief moment, I thought the site has been cloned/hijacked. o_O So, which one of you is going to pony up $20/mo for the "premium" experience? *laugh

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yeah I'm not a regular, but I'm not a fan of this new system. Reminds me too much of how bad Digg was just before it died.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts