XCR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...or 223 any one have one? or leads on one in stock? or receiving soon?? these industry wide lead times are brutal

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
The problem is people do not listen and order right from the manufacturers, good luck you just got the best advice on how to get a brand new rifle from any gun manufacturer on the market FAST.
No offense,but I disagree.Terra herself said that they take the orders,and ship them as they come in.I would order directly from Robinson,you won't pay more than you should,plus you won't have to pay sales tax to a stocking dealer in your state.Why pay his markup(usually between 10 to 20 %)? Find an FFL dealer in your area that will do transfers(same as receiving guns from a gunboker deal) that will do the transfer.That usually runs around a $20 bill.You might wait longer,but you won't pay less anywhere else,unless it's used and they aren't looking to make a killing in profit(not directed at anyone here).Good luck with that one during Obamamania.

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Yep, what he said. There are plenty of dealers out there that aren't trying to "scalp" guns to the highest bidder. If you can't find one order direct.

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
But shipping as the orders come in, your joking right
You misunderstood what I meant.My point was that the orders are shipped is the order they are received and built in.I didn't say it was the fastest way to get one,but you will get the best price.In other words even if a dealer orders 10 rifles 2 days after you do,you will still get yours first.The reason for the delays,is the few items used to build the XCR that are outsourced were delayed,which is obviously not the fault of Robinson.Unforeseeable delays are inevitable in any industry,but considering the lead times from other manufacturers,12 weeks isn't all that bad.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
After searching for weeks on Gunbroker and losing every auction to someone willing to pay heavily for a XCR, I called directly to the FFL who was offering a heavy barreled folder on GB for the "Buy it now" price of $1799. He had the rifles in stock for a hundred dollars less than the GB price. I bought it over the phone and should be picking it up at my local FFL tomorrow.

Gunbroker is not a place to find deals on guns or accesories. It appears to be a market for ripping people off just like local gun shows.

Call around (I got mine from Frank at Discount Gun Sales in WA) and find the best price. There are XCRs available, you just need to be able to find them.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
BIG SCORE.... on arfcom. for more than i wanted to spend, but for a LOT less than the sum of the parts....

low mile xcr 6.8 rifle with sidefold stock, one set 5.56 conversion parts, Vortex flash hiders on both barrels, Aimpoint ML2 scope, three 6.8 Pri Mags, GGG Mad buis, ergo grip, Ambi safety, Bill Springfield trigger job and an XCR Armorors manual.... WOO HOO!! basically my dream package all in one shot. now i can sell my ar,ak,and fal para... this thing is a combination of the best from all of them..

Attachments

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
Looks like a winner! You can't beat getting everything in one shot either!

Yeah, GB is hit or miss. Depends on what you're looking for though.

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
Cool set up!!! Tell me more about the armorer's manual! I might have to hunt one of those down myself!

Yeah, no kidding. Is that what comes with the conversion kits?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
the armorer's manual appears to be printed by "international training inc. armor group" for the "international association of law enforcement firearms instructors" for the "2008 annual training conference"....
it looks like a law enforcement armorer's maintenance manual for the xcr. it is similar to the robarms operators manual but larger and with more pics. it starts with an overview of the rifle and its design philosophy, the similarity to the ak and its advantages over ar type rifles. then gets into maintenance and disassembly. it also has a "COPYRIGHT 2005 ROBINSON ARMORMENT CO." 10 page schematic/parts break down in the rear of it.. NICE ;D ;D ;D

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
the armorer's manual appears to be printed by "international training inc. armor group" for the "international association of law enforcement firearms instructors" for the "2008 annual training conference"....
it looks like a law enforcement armorer's maintenance manual for the xcr. it is similar to the robarms operators manual but larger and with more pics. it starts with an overview of the rifle and its design philosophy, the similarity to the ak and its advantages over ar type rifles. then gets into maintenance and disassembly. it also has a "COPYRIGHT 2005 ROBINSON ARMORMENT CO." 10 page schematic/parts break down in the rear of it.. NICE ;D ;D ;D

Terra, this is us looking at you. :'(

·
Registered
5,850 Posts
There has to be a PDF file or something floating around, Terra?:)

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
The problem is people do not listen and order right from the manufacturers, good luck you just got the best advice on how to get a brand new rifle from any gun manufacturer on the market FAST.
plus you won't have to pay sales tax to a stocking dealer in your state.
Unfortunately gun transfers are easy to track due to all of the paper work and many states are now requiring the FFL to collect tax based upon the value of the firearm. When I first lived in Washington no tax but in the later years there was. I believe this is true in California as well.

Col Maddog :2rifle:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts