XCR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

As the subject states... prefer 5.56 and light barrel would be fine. Ideally I'd like the iron sights and of course the rail cover set. I don't have any local dealers. I've gone through the online order process up to the checkout point. Should I just do the online order and be done? Anyone know about the lead times? I'd appreciate any thoughts or suggestions. Also, does RobArms accept Money Orders/cashiers Checks?

thanks and take care,

Jason Gant in Amarillo, TX

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
Yes they accept money orders,Not sure about cashiers check,but I would say probably.Instead of doing mine online,I just printed out the options list,checked what I wanted and sent a copy along with my money order.I called to verify shipping charges and the total and sent that amount aolng with a copy of the FFL I was using.You will of course need a local dealer to ship to and do your transfer.Most charge a small fee.I prefer the light barrel to,enjoy your purchase.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, that's good to know about the Money Orders. I like your suggestion on how you did it, so that may be an option, too. Also good to have your thoughts regarding the light barrel. I think the heavy barrel might be nice fluted, but I don't know if that kind of thing is done after the fact. Anyone know about fluting? Anyway, I may wait a little while to see if there are any 2nd hand or if someone knows of a dealer with any in stock. Otherwise, I want to get on a wait list as soon as possible if that's how it's going to end up anyway.

take care,

Jason G in Amarillo, TX

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
There is very little difference in practical accuracy between the light and heavy barrels.From what I've seen,fluting is an aftermarket option that isn't inexpensive,plus the cost of refinishing.As far as second hand,most I have seen seem to want as much if not more than the new price from RA.I personally would get on the waiting list now unless your money pit if full and don't want to wait.

·
Registered
923 Posts
I will second getting the light barrel, I have had both the light and the heavy and I saw no real difference in accuracy. I do not see the need to get a heavy and then get it fluted it is too much money invested for no real gain.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I will second getting the light barrel, I have had both the light and the heavy and I saw no real difference in accuracy. I do not see the need to get a heavy and then get it fluted it is too much money invested for no real gain.
Tac- Do you know what the actual difference in physical weight is between the light and heavy? Also, what was it about that extra weight of the heavy that made it objectionable? i.e. overall weight, balance, etc.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts