XCR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new inbound XCR 556 that a buyer has bugged out on the sale. This is a standard 16" XCR 556 w/13" folding stock and no sights.
$1525 plus shipping
This gun is inbound from Robinson Armament.

KGB Armament
Pompano Beach, FL
FFL/SOT 02
954 274 6962
[email protected]

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
SOLD Pending Funds :eek: My dealer is being a butthead and wants to make it way to complicated. So I'm out of the deal now. Goog luck to the next guy.
:-[

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
My dealer is a dick. :duh: Good luck to the next guy.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sometimes I just do not understand dealers and the way they think or not think..this is why I became my own. This gun has been resold to the next guy in line.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I had one guy want to charge me sales tax on the entire rifle just to do a transfer.
He was just trying to get more money, now the IRS can come in and audit you for sales tax, it you get audited, but that is unlikely for tax on a firearm.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Last transfer I did with a dealer, I paid sales tax on the transfer fee, which amounted to a whoping $1.23 or so in tax! :D

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
XCRFan,
I don't know what state you are in but like I said in another thread, some states are enforcing sales tax for the full amount of a firearm on a transfer. Why? Because firearm sales are easier to track than other products. If the dealer does not collect to do you a favor he can lose his business license as well as his FFL. In this day and age of FFLs' losing their license because they put a check in the wrong box on a form this is a big deal. The state of Washington is one of these. It was not always like that there.

We have greedy politicians that won't make cuts so they need to increase revenue to pay for their pork. Until we vote them out it will not get any easier. All internet sales are next, you can bank on it! I am not a dealer but I have purchased guns in four different states and the rules are different for all four states.

SheepDog :2rifle:

I had one guy want to charge me sales tax on the entire rifle just to do a transfer.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
I was wondering if I was the only one that a transfer dealer had tried that out on....sure beats the $20.-30.00 price of registration and I guarantee that it would have gone straight into their pocket! CROOKS, we gota' watch out for them...they are all over the place!
SINKER

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sometimes I just do not understand dealers and the way they think or not think..this is why I became my own. This gun has been resold to the next guy in line.
Guys, this weapon has been sold. Please read the posts DATED FEB 14th
Thank you

·
Banned
8,010 Posts
He was just trying to get more money, now the IRS can come in and audit you for sales tax, it you get audited, but that is unlikely for tax on a firearm.
The IRS has nothing to do with State Sales Tax.
Not the Federal IRS, but some states do. When I did my sisters tax for her from CA, they asked if you bought anything online that you did not pay tax on. So they can ding you for tax at the end of the year.. don't you just love CA?

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
The IRS has nothing to do with State Sales Tax.
Not the Federal IRS, but some states do. When I did my sisters tax for her from CA, they asked if you bought anything online that you did not pay tax on. So they can ding you for tax at the end of the year.. don't you just love CA?
Especially since you won't be able to own a black car in California. I guess black cars are less energy efficient than other cars. What si really funny is how kalifornia is such a joke. At first all these things coming out of kali were a shock to most others in different states, but now it is like, a big joke when something comes out of kalifornia like the no spanking your child, or no black cars, etc. I was born and raised until 19 in socal. I have had job offers to move there that paid 4 times what I am making here in VA, and I simply refused to move to a communist state. I don't give a damn how much money I am offered. My freedom is priceless.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts