XCR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well that didnt take long. Obama is a real piece of shit

Address Gun Violence in Cities: Obama and Biden would repeal the Tiahrt Amendment, which restricts the ability of local law enforcement to access important gun trace information, and give police officers across the nation the tools they need to solve gun crimes and fight the illegal arms trade. Obama and Biden also favor commonsense measures that respect the Second Amendment rights of gun owners, while keeping guns away from children and from criminals. They support closing the gun show loophole and making guns in this country childproof. They also support making the expired federal Assault Weapons Ban permanent.

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
No surprises there, they just took the stuff off his campaign site and posted it on his new site. The only difference I see now is I can't talk bad about him.

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No surprises there, they just took the stuff off his campaign site and posted it on his new site. The only difference I see now is I can't talk bad about him.
It's great being a private citizen sometimes >:D

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
At work, we watched the white house web stats - and I mean (no shit) - they changed over the white house website within 30 seconds of BHO's swearing in.

·
Registered
129 Posts
The interstate commerce clause still applies, at least as much as the rest of that pesky constitution that they can't wait to get rid of. There isn't much they can do if a product doesn't cross state lines, and just about nothing they can do with existing guns. It's only 4-8 years, anyway, and the powers that be will be more interested in lining their pockets, and the pockets of their pals, than they are in ideology.

·
Registered
986 Posts
You would have figured that the POTUS would have other things to worry about like the "economy"... Besides isn't gun crime at an all time low??? Is there a place for reliable stats on crime in the US?

·
Registered
22,417 Posts
Well that didnt take long. Obama is a real piece of shit

Address Gun Violence in Cities: Obama and Biden would repeal the Tiahrt Amendment, which restricts the ability of local law enforcement to access important gun trace information, and give police officers across the nation the tools they need to solve gun crimes and fight the illegal arms trade. Obama and Biden also favor commonsense measures that respect the Second Amendment rights of gun owners, while keeping guns away from children and from criminals. They support closing the gun show loophole and making guns in this country childproof. They also support making the expired federal Assault Weapons Ban permanent.
***EDIT***Been informed that this was on the his campaign website for quite some time before the election.

·
Banned
8,010 Posts
Now I know why I went on the the buying frenzy that I did after the election! I was not planning to buy anything for at least a year, and regretted that I had to use some of my hard savings to buy stuff, now I am not regretting it one bit.

I guess this means things will be sold out until the ban comes. Dam I need more AR mags too.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
There is no "LOOPHOLE" at gun shows. Whether a private citizen sells a gun to another private citizen without performing a background check at a gun show or at your house, there is no loophole. This is simply a sale between to private citizens. I do see where they want to go with this "loophole" issue. If they can close the so called "loophole" then they can prevent us from selling some a gun without spending money to perform a background check through some FFL. Thereby making it much more difficult to sell a gun that you no longer want or need to someone else who wants it. This also will raise the price of gun purchase since most guns will need to be pruchsed from FFLs who will simply incfrease their prices.

The liberals know that they will never completely get around the 2nd Amendment, so what they will try to do is make it so that only the rich (read elite) and the criminals will have access to guns.

Thank God I live in a state (VA) that does not register firearms to owners, so the governemtn doe snot know what wepons or how many I have. I will bury those that they deem to be illegal. I will NEVER give them up to anyone.

·
Registered
25 Posts
You would have figured that the POTUS would have other things to worry about like the "economy"... Besides isn't gun crime at an all time low??? Is there a place for reliable stats on crime in the US?

I don't think that will matter.

There will be another mass shooting somewhere here or abroad - VA Tech, Colombine, something similar - and then it will be front page news all over the place how badly we need to renew the Assault Weapons Ban and make it permanent (regardless of whether or not those guns were actually used in the incident). All the liberal talking heads and anti-gun politicians will be up in arms on all the liberal TV 'news' shows screaming how more gun control will save everybody (neglecting to mention that it was gun control that lead to mass unarmed victims unable to defend themselves). The sheeple, who either don't know or care enough to know any better, will panic and demand that 'something be done!' and suddenly gun control will eclipse all other issues until the talking heads are satisfied for the moment that they have saved everybody by enacting all this new 'common sense gun laws'.

-K

·
Registered
56 Posts
Folks. Be calm, be rational, Take a deep breath and let out slow, and for God's sake, squeeze don't pull. Buy what you want and can afford. That just makes more paper work for them to find you with. If you or anybody you know has bought a gun in the last 20 years they'll know it. If they want it they'll get it. They will make it hard to buy, hard to own legally, and even harder to get ammo. http://www.ammunitionaccountability.com/. Train hard. make your decision as to what you are willing to do when the "digiclad" come to get you. And remember, if there is an all out ban like in other countries. You will only fight police until the military arrives. So pay attention. If UN troops and our Forces are brought state side. It's time to make your decision. Stand for what you believe in. But it is not a fight we will win, period. We can only make a statement for the world to see.

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
I think many will be surprised what an well armed populace could do against a regular army,not to mention how many troops will fail to obey policing actions that are unconstitutional against the citizenry.This assumes of course we could all get on the same page at the same time.Insurgencies have a reputation of being tenaciously hard to get rid of.

·
Registered
503 Posts
I think many will be surprised what an well armed populace could do against a regular army,not to mention how many troops will fail to obey policing actions that are unconstitutional against the citizenry.This assumes of course we could all get on the same page at the same time.Insurgencies have a reputation of being tenaciously hard to get rid of.
I wonder how many troops there may be that will feel it is unconstitutional...and how many may already be on that page?

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
Good question.A buddy of mine in the Marine Corps tells me that few are happy about the new Chief.Not that it means much,but just one mans observation.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Good question.A buddy of mine in the Marine Corps tells me that few are happy about the new Chief.Not that it means much,but just one mans observation.
That's our experience here, I know one in forty who is happy and he is honest enough to admit he doesn't know the issues-he voted on race.

He's my boss now so I won't speculate too much on those numbers, but I hear people talk...

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
Not trying to interupt or derail the bitch-and-moan-athon, but the real question is:
"What are you doing to PREVENT this NOW?"

Nothing? Bitching and moaning, especially to the choir, is a bit less profitable than nothing.

Here's the deal..... eric holder is the current nominee for Attorney General. In case you don't know, holder is a clinton administration refugee that was instrumental in anti-gun work-around executive efforts done. Skirted legislation AND the courts.

He, as part of a group, argued in the Heller case that the DC ban was fine since (in his opinion) the Second Amendment didn't apply to individiuals.

I could go on and on - the end all is that eric holder makes janet reno look like John Wayne.

Before the nomination confirmation is heard (as early as next week!) call your two senators and tell them that eric holder is NOT to be confirmed as Attorney General!

I went as far as to explain that if holder was confirmed, and the voting record showed my senators had voted to confirm him, THEY would share the responsibility of any anti-gun efforts the Department of "justice" put through.
Think Branch Davidians, and "I take full responsibility" janet reno......

Remind them that they represent you, and if they don't, they can be replaced with someone who does. Guns are a "hot topic" issue, you can cite the recent sales "flood".

Four calls should take a total of 10 minutes. Your tax dollars pay for this toll-free number: 877-762-8762. Just let the operator know which senator you're looking for, they'll forward your call to the appropriate staff. Look up your senators online, and call their offices in-state as well....... Sometimes it rings for a bit, but they do get to you.

Make it understood though, that if your senator votes to confirm holder, they're tying their wagon to his office. Whatever he does, it'll reflect on THEM, and you'll be more than happy to let EVERYONE in your state know they can express their discontent by voting that senator OUT.

Just like before, during the clinton administration.

Write e-mails, and drop 'em a post card or two also. Since staffers typically only want your zip code (not name) when you call, you just became a "vocal minority". Act like a dead demopublican - "vote" often.

Fair warning - do NOT assume that a republican senator is against holder! One of my senators is a very influential republican, who has already stated he's supporting holder. I'm working to change his mind.

Of course, you can always bitch and moan about things later. But if you don't take this 10 minutes and call those three phone numbers now though, then YOU have done nothing and have abrogated your liberty to even bitch and moan!

In the end, it's still about YOU doing YOUR part. If you don't do it, nobody will. The price of liberty is eternal vigilance!

If you can't find the in-state office phone number for your senators, PM me. I'll get it to you ASAP. If you don't know your senators (shame on you!) then PM me your state, I'll get you all the info ASAP.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts