XCR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
5,840 Posts
Thanks for posting, some of the newer members have been looking for it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Believe it or not I've been a member on here and owned my XCR since 2008, just never post anything but thought I'd start with something informative!

·
Registered
5,840 Posts
Believe it or not I've been a member on here and owned my XCR since 2008, just never post anything but thought I'd start with something informative!
Nothing wrong with that................

·
Registered
322 Posts
You're all welcome. It took Alex and myself a little while to put it together. The highest complement I received was when a bunch of DSA Arms employees sat in on one of my Armorer Courses at an IALEFI Conference in West Palm Beach. They said they had to go back and re-write their Armorer's manual.

And yes, it's copyrighted, not that that means anything in this digital age.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So Ben, you worked with Alex? I ran into Alex once in 2009 by chance. I saw a guy with an XCR shirt, struck up a conversation and it was Alex. He seemed to have a passion for the rifle when we talked back in 2009. What do you think the problem is with the ROBARM company getting items out to its' customers?

Maybe if you have an "in" with him you can get me a spare parts kit!

·
Registered
252 Posts
Yah I'd follow that up with the most fundamental mantra of business: take care of your customers and they'll take care of you.

Why isn't this applied by RobArms?

·
Registered
322 Posts
The problem isn't specific to Robinson Armament. It's industry wide. Most big name companies will take "seconds" and build rifles with them. Hell, many years back when I helped start up the Action Target Academy, we bought 6 rifles directly from Armalite, and none of them functioned right out of the box. It seems as though they put AR-10 buffer springs in rather than AR-15 A2 and M4 buffer springs.

The few parts that RobArms sends out to other milling companies are all QA'ed before they go into a rifle. A high percentage are not used, because they are out of spec. Other companies would slap the defective parts into a rifle and ship it, knowing that because it has XYZ brand stamped into the side of the receiver, people will buy it.

Right now, you can't get a short barrel for love nor money regardless of what platform. There are only a certain number of barrel makers in the industry, and a certain number of AR upper and lower receiver manufacturers. They swap parts back and forth depending on what they need to fill orders.

Alex is a fanatic about quality control, and he is dedicated to building the perfect rifle. He is actually in the process of trying to bring the manufacturing of the few parts he had sent out to other milling shops back into his shop so that he isn't held hostage by outside suppliers that don't hold QC standards and deliver parts very late.

·
Registered
5,840 Posts
BJ, thanks for the info. Alex, needs a PR person it looks like.

·
Registered
7 Posts
This is a great find. Mille grazie!

In another post there were requests for an armorers video.

That would be great!

Love to take a course if it was near Massachusetts.

Ben

Bravo Zulu!

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Wow, every owner should be issued with one of these manuals printed in color. Makes keeping the xcr running and diagnosing problems a lot easier.

Thanks for posting.

·
Registered
100 Posts
The problem isn't specific to Robinson Armament. It's industry wide. Most big name companies will take "seconds" and build rifles with them. Hell, many years back when I helped start up the Action Target Academy, we bought 6 rifles directly from Armalite, and none of them functioned right out of the box. It seems as though they put AR-10 buffer springs in rather than AR-15 A2 and M4 buffer springs.

The few parts that RobArms sends out to other milling companies are all QA'ed before they go into a rifle. A high percentage are not used, because they are out of spec. Other companies would slap the defective parts into a rifle and ship it, knowing that because it has XYZ brand stamped into the side of the receiver, people will buy it.

Right now, you can't get a short barrel for love nor money regardless of what platform. There are only a certain number of barrel makers in the industry, and a certain number of AR upper and lower receiver manufacturers. They swap parts back and forth depending on what they need to fill orders.

Alex is a fanatic about quality control, and he is dedicated to building the perfect rifle. He is actually in the process of trying to bring the manufacturing of the few parts he had sent out to other milling shops back into his shop so that he isn't held hostage by outside suppliers that don't hold QC standards and deliver parts very late.

I really wish people would understand this instead of bashing someone who takes pride in a product. If you want McDonalds type service, buy a Bushmaster.

Thanks for the pdf. I learned a lot. Very well written.

·
Registered
492 Posts
I really wish people would understand this instead of bashing someone who takes pride in a product. If you want McDonalds type service, buy a Bushmaster.

Thanks for the pdf. I learned a lot. Very well written.
You can care about quality and still provide great customer service.

I bought some silk sheets, pillowcases, comforter, and duvet covers recently. The ties inside the duvet covers fell off. I contacted the company, and they made me the offer of keeping them and fixing them myself, and getting $300 in free silk night wear, or sending them back, and having new ones that would be QCed closely sent back to me. Return shipping was on them. This is concern about both QC and customer service, and is a nice treat in this day and age.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts