XCR Forum banner

XCR BASHING ALERT...GO GET EM VB

5K views 44 replies 17 participants last post by  tzoid 
Cant we all just get along...............................

I really wish I could live in a world where the 556 LOOKED like a 552. It does not, and I got over it.

The XCR is a great rifle, I am sure the people who shell out 1200-1500 bucks on their 556 think the same thing. I am done with it.

I second the comment that my SIG 556 money went to RA. I probably would never have known about the XCR if not for the final product SIG came out with.

Like I said to Belgiam (Sp?) I will say the same to you Phalanx. I think you bring a lot of knowledge to the table when it comes to the rifle world. However, my MSAR ran without issue for 2k plus rounds and is still one of my favs (I know VB I KNOW!). The damn thing looks like an AUG and MINE works very well, good enough for me.

I would GLADLY have taken a SIG 556 that LOOKED like a 550/551 even if it did have some of the unnecessary "Improvements" the MSAR had for the "AUG".

Thank you SIG for pouring money into marketing the Time Has Come 556 which turned me onto the idea of owning an EBG again. I would have bought your 55X clone and vaunted quality but what I saw was a lot of plastic furniture, corny accessories, delivery problems, canted rails, sucky customer service. Thank you for getting me excited about black guns again. SIG thank you for marketing the 556 so far ahead of the delayed release date that I had a chance to evaluate what else was available, something that was better than an AR (yawn) but had what I was looking for in a rifle made by folks that you can get on the phone. Thank you SIG for my XCR. ;)

Finally someone that understands! Yes indeed Blackgundog, "The time had come" and apparently it was time to buy an XCR!

Isnt that strange that the SIG drove people to the XCR ? all about the same time !
It had to be done by the mother Ship .
I had not even seen a SIG in real life ,i was looking at them on GB.
On the SIG page ,a dealer listed one of his new ones at his cost ,bad talking SIG on every thing from fit to service.
The off canter rails , striped bolts, parts missing , and then he said after he got rid of this one he was going to sell the XCR.
And that he didn't have any right now but if you type in XCR in search some of the guys there will fix you up,
I went and looked and there they were , i went back to the SIG page and other dealers were bad mouthing SIG also ,and one of them said he had the XCR. I wonder how SIG ever lived that down?
Or i wonder if its one of those sent here then assembled here deals .
They say that is what messed up the CZ 58 , and why like i posted they were horrible looking.
I could not believe that they sent those in here looking like that ,and how some dealers were saying that POS was new ?

Like I said to Belgiam (Sp?) I will say the same to you Phalanx. I think you bring a lot of knowledge to the table when it comes to the rifle world. However, my MSAR ran without issue for 2k plus rounds and is still one of my favs (I know VB I KNOW!). The damn thing looks like an AUG and MINE works very well, good enough for me.

I figured mine was a dud , and i did read a letter from them addressing that some rifles were having some problems.
So i took advantage of the buy back program they had , pertaining to ser # their were about 100 of them doing what mine was.
I didn't like the proprietary mag. thing anyway.
I still have a new 30rd mag ,black ,20.00 if you want it .
Hey buddy. I will take you up on that!

Terra, it really is not about what is better. It's personal preference. However, I never felt like RA lied to me and I will always feel like SIG did (I am sure they stay up late at night feeling bad about it). In any event my "little" XCR is great and I hope it finds a "non" fish tail stock and PDW upper from you guys soon enough!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.