XCR Forum banner

How Many XCR Firing Pins Have You Broken?

61 - 67 of 67 Posts

· Registered
397 Posts
Have had 6 xcr's and never a broken pin. Can't honestly say I put 1000's of rounds down any one of them, but I have never experience a failure of any kind other than last 2 rounds ftf on ASC 762 mags.

· Registered
175 Posts
Good to know , Wolverine Supplies thought it was strange too and figure there may be an issue with the bolt ... thing is, they were two separate bolts / uppers. Once in 556 and the other in 7.62x39. I've never had an issue with my XCR-M, but just in case I ordered a couple spare.

Have had 6 xcr's and never a broken pin. Can't honestly say I put 1000's of rounds down any one of them, but I have never experience a failure of any kind other than last 2 rounds ftf on ASC 762 mags.

· Registered
52 Posts
You know, I had some firing pin problems with my .556 L upper's bolt, none with my 6.8, or my .308. Oh, when I talked to Robarms back then Alex was gold and the girl I talked to as well offered up firing pins. I had already ordered from Wolverine. They absolutely rock by the way. XDMER, it could be a bolt issue, I heard somewhere about another platform with similar problems and it was an offset hole issue.

· Registered
23,255 Posts
Yes, it was the new one.

View attachment 9233
Well, I guess that potentially disproves the theory that the Type 2 solved the broken firing pin issue.

I just looked at my -M. Does seem the firing pin is an improved design (though I didn't take it out of the carrier completely...just looked at the exposed end).

I wonder how many users have experienced a Type 2 BCG with a broken firing pin. Might have to join a Canadian forum to find out since this one is so dead and finding US users is so rare. :(

61 - 67 of 67 Posts