XCR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first post, hopefully I do it right.
Terra (you seem to be the go to girl from what I have read) I have decided to purchase an XCR in 6.8 SPC. The shops here in Arizona you have listed don't seem willing to deal with Robinson Arms. I am not discouraged though. You should be contacted soon by Bear Arms in Scottsdale. I have purchased many firearms from them and they always treat me right.
Can you tell me what kind of wait there is for an XCR 16" heavy barrel, folding stock, no sights, muzzle break not permanently attached, no foregrip option?
Thanks,

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm......................... I would estimate about 8 weeks. I will have to confer with They-Who-Turn-The-Barrels, but that's a rough estimate for now.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank You!
A rough estimate was all I was looking for. I think I waited longer than that for my DSA SA58 Tactical. If it is worth having it is worth waiting for.
Thanks again!!!!

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
It is definitely worth the wait.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
You will love your 6.8 XCR, beats hell out of the mouse caliber 5.56/.223 any day. :2cents:

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Aziator & Gunner69 for the encouragement!
The rifle was ordered today so I am pretty excited. I have already ordered some accessories.
If the XCR doesn't get here soon, I will have to wait longer..............

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Hey RC 20, When they have the 7.62x39, that would be a more potent "target" load. In fact it would be sufficient for deer in close. >:D :2cents: ;D

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
This is my first post, hopefully I do it right.
Terra (you seem to be the go to girl from what I have read) I have decided to purchase an XCR in 6.8 SPC. The shops here in Arizona you have listed don't seem willing to deal with Robinson Arms. I am not discouraged though. You should be contacted soon by Bear Arms in Scottsdale. I have purchased many firearms from them and they always treat me right.
Can you tell me what kind of wait there is for an XCR 16" heavy barrel, folding stock, no sights, muzzle break not permanently attached, no foregrip option?
Thanks,
I saw a complete 6.8 XCR yesterday. Why wait 6-8 weeks when there is one sitting a shelf with your name on it right now and ask for Tim.

Contact

GALLENSONS ASSOCIATES
166 E 200 SOUTH SALT LAKE CITY UT 84111 801-328-2016

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
V,
Thanks for the heads up, unfortunately I cannot follow up on the offer. I work with a great gunshop here in Arizona that has always treated me right. They ordered the 6.8 for me and sent a check to RA without a deposit from me. How about that? I am a loyal guy supporting the local shop so I can not throw them under the bus. I will wait patiently and pick the rifle up when it comes in.
When I lived up in Vancouver, WA the gun shop up there ordered an Armalite AR30 in 338 Lapua for me without a deposit. I purchased many firearms from him as well. Those are just a couple of examples of treating a customer right and in return getting repeat sales.
I am sure that Gallensons is first rate also but I must "stick to my guns"! (pun intended) I wish I could afford another. While checking Bear Arms in Scottsdale to see when the XCR would be in I put a deposit on a companion piece [ S&W 1911PD Scandium 5" Barrel 45ACP]. See how that works.
I love America!

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
V,
Thanks for the heads up, unfortunately I cannot follow up on the offer. I work with a great gunshop here in Arizona that has always treated me right. They ordered the 6.8 for me and sent a check to RA without a deposit from me. How about that? I am a loyal guy supporting the local shop so I can not throw them under the bus. I will wait patiently and pick the rifle up when it comes in.
When I lived up in Vancouver, WA the gun shop up there ordered an Armalite AR30 in 338 Lapua for me without a deposit. I purchased many firearms from him as well. Those are just a couple of examples of treating a customer right and in return getting repeat sales.
I am sure that Gallensons is first rate also but I must "stick to my guns"! (pun intended) I wish I could afford another. While checking Bear Arms in Scottsdale to see when the XCR would be in I put a deposit on a companion piece [ S&W 1911PD Scandium 5" Barrel 45ACP]. See how that works.
I love America!
You're doing the right thing. Always support the local shops. I try to whenever possible

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I can't believe it, my 6.8 caliber rifle came in last week (5-27)! Only 4 weeks. I picked it up the next day. Sweeeeeeet!!!!!
It is already decked out with Coyote Tan rail covers, pistol grip, and front sling adapter. I also used camo form (non-stick digital tan) tape on the lower rail of the folding stock and the lower portion of the magazine to distinguish it from my AR mags. What can I say, I live in the desert. Additional mags and ammo are next on the hunting list.

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
I can't believe it, my 6.8 caliber rifle came in last week (5-27)! Only 4 weeks. I picked it up the next day. Sweeeeeeet!!!!!
It is already decked out with Coyote Tan rail covers, pistol grip, and front sling adapter. I also used camo form (non-stick digital tan) tape on the lower rail of the folding stock and the lower portion of the magazine to distinguish it from my AR mags. What can I say, I live in the desert. Additional mags and ammo are next on the hunting list.
Be sure to post pics ASAP. Welcome

·
Registered
53 Posts
V,
I love America!
Absolutely correct. The local dealer has put his store up to provide you with immediate service and convenience, and he deserves your business. I ordered my extra barrel through the dealer (actually I arranged it with Terra and got him involved) and have always taken care of the dealers who take care of me. Otherwise I'd have to open my own shop, make my own connections, stand the liability of a class iii ffl myself, and I haven't the time.

Well done on that.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Alright guys here you go, my new pet Six Eight!

·
Registered
636 Posts
Hey Col Maddog.

I want to say that SSA ammo, but what kind of ammo? Nice ammo can.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Hey Col Maddog.

I want to say that SSA ammo, but what kind of ammo? Nice ammo can.
It's Silver State Armory 110 gr Pro Hunter.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts