XCR Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems like a lot of people always ask how durable the XCR is and I thought we could start a thread were everyone could share their stories. This way when someone wants to see what others have exposed the rifle too, it is all in one place.

I'll start with my latest. On Thursday we had a training mission and I used the XCR as my observer weapon. I mounted my IOR scope to it and set out with my partner. It rained on us off and on and I spent a lot of time low crawling through various terrain with the gun. For safety purposes there was a zip tie secured through the mag well and ejection port. This allowed alot more debris into the gun than if the bolt was closed. The gun had quite abit of mud and debris on the outside and I would assume some had to get into the gun as well.

During the mission I fell on the side of a hill and ended up dropping the gun from a height of about 8 to 10 feet as it fell lower than me. It landed flat on its left side and there was no obvious signs of damage. I completed the training and put the gun away as I wanted to see if how it would function dirty. Prior to the training, I had shot about 500 rounds through the gun with only a wipe down and a re application of oil. I got out to the range today and there was no signs of rust and it ate everything I put through it. The scope was still dead on its zero.

This experience reinforces my confidence in the gun and no I have a lot of confidence in the IOR scope and mounts.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
My only expectation of my XCR is that it will ride on my ATV with me and not jam from the dust. I have never met an AR I could do this with, hence I no longer own ARs. Haven't had the time to take my XCR for a ride yet, but I have full confidence that it will be just fine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts