XCR Forum banner

221 - 240 of 278 Posts

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
Postal MO will be in the mail tomorrow for 1 charging handle.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Anyone else hate roll pins?

The install went fine, but I'm just not a fan of pounding on things with a hammer to get the roll pins out. Maybe I'm doing it wrong ???

I bought a nice brass punch set to work on projects but the punch that is the size of small pins keeps bending. I upgraded to a nail. :-\

Any tool recommendations?

·
Registered
116 Posts
I get by with a small toy like looking hammer and a finishing nail to drive those things out. Hole is like .081 and roll pin is like .085. I guess that anodizing did make the holes a bit tighter.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Yeah, it was the RA pin in the factory handle that was the killer. I wanted to store the spares in assembled form so nothing would get lost.... well screw that, I just dumped it all into a plastic bag.

The folder pin was better, firm but movable.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Yeah, it was the RA pin in the factory handle that was the killer. I wanted to store the spares in assembled form so nothing would get lost.... well screw that, I just dumped it all into a plastic bag.

The folder pin was better, firm but movable.
I agree. That pin was a pain.

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
Had my FCHs for awhile but just never got around to putting them on... If it were any easier the thing would have installed itself. Very happy with it. Thank you MountainMan!!

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Mountainman, got mine today -- very nicely made! Will be a while until I get it installed, as I plan to have it Cerakoted next time I send a batch of parts off. Thanks again!

·
Registered
5,840 Posts
Is the installation of the folding charging handle easily reversible if I decide I don't really like it?
Yes. Just reverse the install. Nothing is physically altered unless you destroy the pin on the XCR handle getting it off. But that is easily fixed by just getting another.

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
Mailed PMO well over a week. Still have not received handle.

221 - 240 of 278 Posts