XCR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
XCR Full auto 7.62x39 10.5" barrel

This is out by Snowville Utah in the desert....not many rabbit but we had a lot of boxes and cans

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Re: XCR Full auto 7.62x39 10.5" barrel

wow, I have serious giggle switch envy right now :mad:

this also reminds me of a question I've been meaning to ask...

what differences are there in the trigger group and/or bolt carrier in full auto xcr's?

is that something ra is comfortable talking about?

·
Registered
2,031 Posts

Why wouldn't they be comfortable talking about it? They are trying to sell a product.

I'd be interested to see some pics of the mechanical differences as well. I thought Terra had stated that the full auto parts were still in development. Then again they've had pics of full auto rifles on the range for years now. Maybe the parts are more in "refinement" stage.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

I'm not sure if there are any restrictions on what we can or can't explain on the full auto, but I will sure find out. As for pictures, I would have to check and see if that is something that can be posted?

·
Registered
6,835 Posts

Some companies are hesitant to talk about what it takes to make their weapon full auto, liability reasons.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts

Well, I'm guessing an AR-like change to the disconnector, selector, and trigger, and and AK like change to the carrier; though I'm not sure how they would change the autosear portion. Seems like they would need something further forward in the lower for the carrier to trip than the way its done in an AR, since the XCR carrier physically doesn't extend back that far...

As soon as they sell one, the shape of the parts will be public knowledge. I don't see how they could keep it secret even if they wanted to.

·
Registered
512 Posts

Thats a really cool rifle , To my taste though i like the lower stock angle like you find on the VZ 58.
The recoil pushes more downward toward the shoulder ,rather than trying to push upward.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts