XCR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since there is and XCR-"Light" and XCR-"Medium" varieties, it stands to reason that there will be an XCR-H for "Heavy". Robinson seems to have their hands full at the moment, but I feel from the winds I'm reading from them that going to a Heavy caliber rifle is an aspiration of theirs. With no news on anything like it, I wanted to hear some speculation from the most diehard XCR fans/gun designers what a Robinson-branded heavy rifle would likely be.

The main competition/comparison for this kind of gun would be Barrett's M107A1, a giant of a rifle that I'm kinda surprised is legal to own for $12 grand. Aside from recreation shooting, I think the market for this kind of gun would be for hunting big game with less need for follow-up shots, as well as military and LE.

The Barrett M107A1

What I want to know is what kind of calibers an "eXchangeable Caliber Rifle" would support in one receiver? There is the .50 cal BMG, and there's the .416 barret, .338 Lapua Magnum, and the .338 Norma Magnum. The problem is, the .50 BMG is longer than any of the other rounds, and I don't know how anyone can design a multi-cal rifle that supports all of these bullets.

I also want to know what kind of market there is for this kind or rifle, especially with Barret having cornered the market over a decade ago. I suppose Robinson arms can compete in ergonomics, changable calibers, and price (think it would be possible to sell something like this for $8,000?)

·
Registered
21,984 Posts
.338 and other belted magnums has been guessed. Not sure what it will actually be or when, if ever.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What's a more popular/desirable caliber out there? .50 BMG or any of the .338s? I suppose if Robinson wanted to target military sales, they should prioritize the .50 BMG, but I'm not sure if they can have any other calibers in that same upper if they wanted to do an XCR treatment.

·
Registered
21,984 Posts
What's a more popular/desirable caliber out there? .50 BMG or any of the .338s? I suppose if Robinson wanted to target military sales, they should prioritize the .50 BMG, but I'm not sure if they can have any other calibers in that same upper if they wanted to do an XCR treatment.
I've never heard any rumors .50 BMG was even considered for the H.

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
RA marches to beat of its own drum. We'll all be old men when -H happens.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts