XCR Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been reading this forum for a little while and I been on the XCR
website and I haven't seen this issue addressed yet.

Since we hold the rifle correctly and the rifle is designed backwards how
does the ejection and gas exhaust affect a left handed shooter? In what
direction does the shell eject (forward, straight out, etc.)?

Any left handed shooters own an XCR? What are your experiences?

·
Registered
874 Posts
Ejection is foward ejection and to the the right. Not sure about the gas and the ability for a lefty to shoot the rifle. I would guess there shouldn't be too much of a problem.

·
Registered
874 Posts
At first I thought that was weird that the charging handle was on the Left. But now that I have used it, it just seems normal to be on the left more of a natural feel. And you don't have to move your shooting hand from the grip to do it.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
I'm a left handed shooter. To me its about equally lefty friendly as a standard AR15: I hit the mag catch with my right thumb and the bolt catch with my trigger finger, just like on an AR. Selector manipulation is obviously the same as well.

The XCR might be slightly better with respect to the charging handle, as I can rotate the gun to the right and rack it without moving my left hand grip. I've got to move my firing hand grip to rack the AR, if necessary.

·
Registered
704 Posts
I am a righty but try to spend at least 25 % of my training time shooting lefty. I added the ambi safety and am anxiously waiting the ambi mag release. Even without it, I find it as easier to use lefty than an AR. The mag release is a draw. I prefer the short through safety as I find that the levers don't interfere with my trigger as much as an ambi safety on an AR. The mag catch is much better for both sides on the XCR. The charging handle is probably a matter of opinion. The AR is more ambi but I like a big handle to grab and rolling the XCR works just fine for me.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Same here. I do everything equally right & left (my mum is a righty, dad was a lefty). I find the XCR fine firing left. The brass ejects forward a little. Have you checked out a Stag AR15LH ( left hand ejection)

I think it's a good idea to crosstrain. If you can only fire righy but get injured on that side youd be screwed.
Just eg: I got punched in the right eye last year (in a match) rupturing many blood vessels in that eye. I've had 2 laser procedures and I still have clouds & floaters. I can see about 90%. So I'm shooting left-handed these days.

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
I shoot weak hand and strong hand during training.

Ejection is not an issue. I've never been pelted. Brass goes to the 2 oclock position

I dont recall eating gas to any great extent

You'll need an ambi safety

Bolt release is fine

Charging handle work takes some effort during malfunction drills. If you have optics, going over the top requires tilting the weapon quite a bit and using the right hand

·
Registered
194 Posts
Kind of late for me on the research side since I picked-up my new XCR yesterday, but will soon be ordering the ambi mag release(when released) and safety. Not my original post, but appreciate everyone's feedback.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Is there an ambi mag-catch in existence? I don't recall ever seeing one.

I did order the ambi-selector on the rifle direct from the factory and it works great. I have no idea why these aren't standard equipment.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts